• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blur or back to vanilla android

If it has the Blur that is on the Gingerbread release for my DX and what's on the DX2 I don't think that it would bother me too much. The new Blur is not that bad. Although a Vanilla Android phone would be awesome on Verizon I think that I could live with it, I like it on my DX. The Droid 3 is looking like a winner for me to upgrade to since I will not have LTE for a while in my location, as long as the keyboard and the locking mechanism are done right. I really like Moto's hardware build quality.

Upvote 0
If it has the Blur that is on the Gingerbread release for my DX and what's on the DX2 I don't think that it would bother me too much. The new Blur is not that bad. Although a Vanilla Android phone would be awesome on Verizon I think that I could live with it, I like it on my DX. The Droid 3 is looking like a winner for me to upgrade to since I will not have LTE for a while in my location, as long as the keyboard and the locking mechanism are done right. I really like Moto's hardware build quality.

Agreed.

To expect Vanilla Android at this point is almost moot, with carriers cracking down on tethering and rooting, it's tough times out there (sorta).

Upvote 0
Agreed.

To expect Vanilla Android at this point is almost moot, with carriers cracking down on tethering and rooting, it's tough times out there (sorta).

Exactly. I don't understand why anyone even thinks a non-Nexus phone will come vanilla anymore. Sure it's possible, and there have a been a few that have been stock or nearly stock (Sony's Experia Play on Verizon is an example), but it should always be anticipated that any phone, especially one from the major manufacturers (Motorola, HTC), will not be stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones