Blur or back to vanilla androidGeneral

1. dco717

dco717 Well-Known Member

If it has vanilla Android I'm buying but if it has blur I might wait for vzw to release one with vanilla

Advertisement
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

It will have Blur.
  3. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member

If it has the Blur that is on the Gingerbread release for my DX and what's on the DX2 I don't think that it would bother me too much. The new Blur is not that bad. Although a Vanilla Android phone would be awesome on Verizon I think that I could live with it, I like it on my DX. The Droid 3 is looking like a winner for me to upgrade to since I will not have LTE for a while in my location, as long as the keyboard and the locking mechanism are done right. I really like Moto's hardware build quality.
  4. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Agreed.

To expect Vanilla Android at this point is almost moot, with carriers cracking down on tethering and rooting, it's tough times out there (sorta).
  5. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't understand why anyone even thinks a non-Nexus phone will come vanilla anymore. Sure it's possible, and there have a been a few that have been stock or nearly stock (Sony's Experia Play on Verizon is an example), but it should always be anticipated that any phone, especially one from the major manufacturers (Motorola, HTC), will not be stock.
  6. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

awesome thanks for letting us know
    imnotmikal likes this.