Blur vs. Official Apps?

1. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

Just curious what everyone's opinion is over the differences in using Blur vs. Official Apps.

i.e. Do you use the Twitter app (or some other third party app) or do you use the Social Networking built in to Blur. Do you use Yahoo! Email App or just add the account via Blur?

Again, just curious.

Advertisement
  2. cmalberto

cmalberto Member

I haven't been too impressed with the built in apps at all. I use Tweetdeck for Twitter and K-9 for all my email needs.

--Mickey
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It depends on the app for me. I like blur alarm and dialer. I don't like the mailer.
  4. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

Is the alarm that we use blur?? I didn't know that... wonder what the stock app is like.

I don't like anything blur. But then again, I don't like much of the stock options as well... Sense UI has some nice add-ins, but I get along fine with DialerOne (adds T9 for dialing) and Handcent SMS.
  5. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

For blur, I like the alarm, dialer, camera/camcorder, car dock(is that even blur?), and SMS.

I actually like blur's sms better than vanilla, or handcent--combined with SMS Popup to make up for lack of handcent configurations.

Other than that, I didn't like it. lol
  6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

For as often as I actually go into the social networking apps (which isn't often) I just use Blur...

For email I use Touchdown for corporate email and Blur for my home email. For text messaging I'm old fashioned... I call them on the phone! lol