Blurless ROMs

Last Updated:

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been running ApeX since it's release but I am getting a lot of reboots. I want to switch to another blurless ROM. I am leaning toward RubiX because I want the Blurcamera and facebook syncing is done through the app with that ROM which I like.

Is there another ROM that I should consider first. What are some opinions of people that have tried several blurless ROMs. I want as close to stock android as possible, but with the blurcamera. I don't like switching ROMs a lot, I want to just get a good one and stick with it until I upgrade phones around Feb.

Also I am on the OTA 2.2

Should I do a fresh sbf before switching ROMs? Or is it ok to go from 1 blurless ROM to another with just a data/cache wipe and no sbf?

Advertisement
  2. adrianl623

adrianl623 Well-Known Member

I'm also having a lot of reboots with ApeX, so I'd also like to know if there was anything anyone else recommends.

3. chrlswltrs

OK, since no one had any input I went with rubiX focused 1.0. I am sooo glad I did. It is completely stable and IMO a better, more stock Android.

Facebook syncing is actually done through the app

The stock gallery syncs with picasa (unlike the crappy Moto gallery)

Stock phone dialer

Stock camera (although I did like the Moto camera)

Everything is fast, stable, and the closest I have seen to no trace of Motoblur at all. I can't think of any way this ROM could be better!!

4. chrlswltrs

Go with rubiX focused on ROM manager.

I just installed from there with a data/cache wipe and everything worked just fine, so far the reboots are gone

adrianl623 likes this.
  5. adrianl623

adrianl623 Well-Known Member

Nice thanks for the reply. I'm going to do it tonight.

6. DRTMI

DRTMI Active Member

I have been on RubiX 1.6 for almost a week now and really like it. I dont do the social stuff so I wouldnt know about that. It's fast and stable on my phone and the only blur is the settings according to drod. I added the multi touch keyboard because that is what I was used to but since I installed Vlingo and now have Swype, multi touch, and vanilla Android (swype).

7. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I'm on Rubix 1.6 and it has been doing well so far..no reboots yet.

8. chrlswltrs

What is the best way to update to 1.6? I checked and it's not in ROM manager yet, and can I do it without a data/cache wipe so I keep all of my settings and apps?

Also has anyone overclocked rubiX yet, how does it handle it, is it still as stable?

9. chrlswltrs

It would be nice if someone could give opinions on some other blurless ROMs (fission, ZapX, etc) I tried ApeX and now rubiX, and love rubiX. I don't know how another ROM could possibly get any better, but does anyone else have input on the others?

10. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of trying Fission actually but now I am wondering if I should try RubiX instead...I think RubiX has more theme options doesn't it? Did you theme it chrlswltrs?

11. chrlswltrs

No I haven't themed yet. I want to wait a while. Before I theme I want to get overclock working and stable, then I will do another backup and try some themes.

The problem is that most themes available now are based on stock Droid X ROMs and I do not want to install any crap back on my X that isn't in this ROM. Stock android is more important to me than a theme :D

12. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i use rubix blurry, and it is the bees knees.

(i like blur)

so im sure rubix focused is pretty neato too

13. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Has there been an update to blurry? I kinda like blur too, but I just can't stand the lag in opening the app drawer and the lockscreen and when swyping thru the screens, wait a minute I hate blur. LOL

14. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i dont have lag, that i notice.

15. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

I'm trying RubiX blurred V1.0 as of right now, pretty fast and smooth. No lag, overclocked as I did with Apex.... me liking it so far.

16. chrlswltrs

I am pretty sure my X is a dud. I had tons of reboots when I overclocked ApeX. I just upgraded to rubiX 1.6 (from 1.0) and used the overclocking that is built in. My X locked and went into bootloop... had to sbf. Just restoring my nandroid I made last night.

17. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

I tried RubiX Focused yesterday and today quite a few times. Loved how it looks and feels, but did not like white status bar. Thought somebody mentioned that ApeXRevolution theme worked fine on RubiX, installed that.... looked nice, then installed http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...revolution-theme-circle-battery-mod-10-a.html on top, looked even better, then installed Fab's lockscreen mode trough metamorph and got thousand force closes. Tried to restore nandroid I did before metamorph, rebooted still bunch of force closes.. Will try again lalter on today :)

18. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

Let me know if that works fine up until the lockscreen mod...I would like to try RubiX + REVOlution + circle battery mod...

19. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I have Chevy SSX running really well so I might just stick with it for awhile. Blur be damned...

20. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

That part was OK, until I tried to install some Blur system apps :)

21. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

The only Blur I really want- BlurEmail. And for some funny reason bluremail did not work for me on SSX :confused:

22. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

Just checking, is that focused 1.6 or 1.0?

23. chrlswltrs

OK, I'm on rubiX focused 1.6 now. I tried overclocking earlier and bricked so had to sbf and start over. I am loving this ROM, can't wait to get a stable OC, then I will try to find a working theme

24. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

25. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member