• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alanbingham27

Dec 15, 2010
Hello all

Asking a question here on behalf of my wife who only 2 days ago got a S4 mini, after 4 faulty iPhone 5C's in 3 months she went for the S4 mini after getting rid of the iPhone.

Anyway, whenever taking photos the photos turn out all hazey if that makes sense to anyone? Could probably be called blurry too. The quality of the pics, especially indoor shots, are horrendous. I would expect to see the quality of camera on a £50 phone you'd pick up in Tesco. Is there a setting we can change or is the camera on this phone just poor?

I would say that you have fingerprint grease on the lens if it is hazy. If there is major blur it could be down to a slow shutter speed and camera shake when indoors if no flash is used, or jabbing at the screen to take a shot (or both).
The best way to test it is outside, take a shot of something with detail and bold colours, ideally in bright sunlight. Clean the lens (with a glasses cloth) and take another shot. Then review both images and blow them up on screen to compare them. If there is major haze/looks cloudy/foggy on the first image it is definetly grease on the lens.

I hope this helps,
Marcel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones