blurry picturesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Crondar

Crondar Active Member This Topic's Starter

I tried doing a search here, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Anyway

Recently I have noticed my contact pictures in my people widget and when someone calls me are rather blurry and out of focus, they weren't like this, just happened recently, I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and no how to correct it, without a hard reset.

Have turned phone on and off, removed widget and put it back, looked in settings for some settings for pictures, nada, that I can find.

Thanks if you can help

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Very strange, any new apps installed?

3. Crondar

I installed Spare parts and played around with it a little bit, didn't like it much and uninstalled. Can't remember if they got blurry before or after that.

I fixed them by going back into my contacts and edited the picture so they were sharp again, and this seemed to work, just wondering what happened to them to begin with, Weird.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If you did change any settings using spare parts uninstalling the app won't reverse those settings. The only way to reverse setting changes would be to reinstall the app and change the settings back.

5. Crondar

yeah, I did that also, no good, oh well, not sure what i did, but I got it fixed by redoing the contacts pictures, luckily I didn't have all that many yet, lol.

6. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

I seem to have recently run into this as well. Unfortunately, I have quite a few contacts and basically going back in and redoing them all would suck!

I've not installed anything recently, although I did have 2 app updates yesterday, but I can't say for sure if it was doing it before the updates or not.

It is a rather minor annoyance, especially when someone else glances at your phone when it's ringing and says "Wow, the image quality on your phone sux!" .... nosey bastards!

So anyone have any ideas as to why or how to easily fix?

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Is anything blurry in addition to the pictures on contacts?

Other pics? Web browsing? Text? Pics as attachments on emails? .. etc...

8. Hypo Luxa

nothing else seems to be blurry. I can't tell on the contacts list as the pictures are rather tiny...

9. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

this happens to me sometimes. not really sure why. easiest fix is to just re-upload the image contacts from the original location. it seems like the phone loses the pathway to the photos and the blurry pics are just like a thumbnail it blows up in place of the original photo. give it a shot, let us know if that works for you. its does for me.

10. Hypo Luxa

all of my pics are from Facebook.. how do I reupload the images that it automatically pulls from FB?

11. clemsondave

clemsondave Active Member

Mine has always been that way. 1.5 and 2.1. Caller ID/Facebook pics are blurry.

12. Medic005

Medic005 Well-Known Member

I noticed when I went to 2.1, my pics on Caller ID and facebook were blurry. I don't recall it on 1.5.