Blutooth and 3G hotspot issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I signed up for the $20/month 3G hotspot activation through Verizon so I can tether my laptop (at least until 2.2 comes out and I can just root my phone and do it.....hopefully)

What I quickly discovered (to my alarming surprise) is that Bluetooth is deactivated when the 3G hotspot is activated (!).

WTF?

Does anybody know why?
    Battery life??

Does anybody know of a way, app, or workaround for this?

How about a widget for toggling on/off the hotspot?

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

how bout just rooting now and using wireless tether? i use it, and it works like a charm.

3. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The update is coming....eventually.

Nobody knows for sure what's going to happen to all of these rooted phones when it does come.

I'd rather just wait for the update and not take my chances. I've had bricked phones before and it is no fun.

Thanks for your reply, though.

:)

4. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

ah yes. that makes perfect sense. sometimes i forget what it's like to actually be sensible when it comes to my toys. :p then again, i work for verizon, so if something goes terribly wrong, it's not a big deal to get a new one.

5. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you. Going to wait for froyo to root, so i'm currently subscribed to the verizon tethering service. I too have noticex that bluetooth is disabled while the hotspot feature is activated, but i have no reason why. Perhaps a conflict between the Bluetooth radio and the wifi radio transmitter?