• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bmw bluetooth missing contacts

I am trying to get to the bottom of this as well. I believe that the missing contacts will be those with a picture included in the record, those without transfer OK. Anybody know a setting which stops the phone attempting to transfer the picture or a third party app which works? I don't want to remove contact pictures which I find very useful in Outlook.

Upvote 0
Have a desire now for about 2 months but I find that sometimes with the BMW bluetooth (08 5 series) the calls flick back and forth between the handset and the carkit during a call. Sometimes it drops the call back to the handset altogether and shows "Searching for connected phones" on the idrive screen.

Anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. Even with people who do sync, if they call, only the number comes up on the screen not the name. To get round this I got an app called "say my name desert" so now my phone speaks the name of the caller.

Also, the desire doesn't support SMS. With my old Nokia N97 I could read SMS' on the Idrive which was really handy.

Upvote 0
Hello
new Android user, I find it great !
new BMW driver, I find it great !
But the two don't seem to get along well ! :)
Therefore, I'm joining you guys to find out a solution !

My BM 318 iDrive Business Edition connects fine by BT with my HTC Desire 2.2, the "waiting wheel" spins for a while on the dashboard and then it looses the telephone connection (but the HTC is still connected to the car since the dashboard shows the phone and the music icon next to it). However the phone icon is greyed.
I tried to kill the partnership, recreate it, but same thing happens.
Any idea anyone ?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi All

I have my HTC Desire paired to my 09 3 series since las August'10 everything working perfectly sound, phonebook.... just till about a month ago,now the phonebook only load 4 letter (C,F,G,J) and from those only few numbers the rest of the phonebook won't load, the voice and the rest is ok, is just the phonebook, I try unpaired.....paired, and same thing happend, I try different phone (Galaxy S)and work fine and I had a Hero prior to my Desire for months and I had no problem either, I try different Desire and It wont work either, I try my Desire in the new mini '11 countryman and work perfectly, Any Ideas? can you help... Thanks to all :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hi All

I have my HTC Desire S attached to the comms. system in my 11reg new X3. Have no problems with the contacts list and the bluetooth works perfectly.

The only problem I have is that the system will not pick up the text messages from my phone. It did from my old Toco Lite, but not the Desire. Anybody able to get their SMS displayed on the Car media screen? I think it has something to do with the way HTC treats messages as threads and not single messages. Htc won't allow you to change the way it treats messages, unlike my wifes Blackberry.

Upvote 0
Someone might have the same issue as I've replied to earlier. How or when it actually manages to pair with the car might differ but trying to delete all "other contacts" may work - since the phone saves contacs from emails etc these VCS files, may be inconclusive - i.e missing a name, number or whatever, that the phone tries to sync to the car may cause a pairing error making the bt disconnect.

I think - or let me say hope - that this is a general bug on devices running android 2.1 and above since it seem to be working great with let's say 1.5 or 1.6

Upvote 0
I had this issue on my HTC Evo 4G.. I noticed the issue started after I uploaded to Gingerbread (Android 2.3). Gingerbread has updated Bluetooth... Which is 2.1 I believe.. For some reason it isnt compatible with the older iDrive systems. I am currently waiting for root for the Evo 4G so that I can flash back to Froyo (Android 2.2)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones