BMW roadside assistance appSupport

Last Updated:

1. halfmonkey

halfmonkey Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody successfully found and downloaded the new BMW roadside assistance app? It's apparently released today from all of the websites that I've been reading but I can't seem to find it in the Android Market. Can anybody help me? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

I got it last night. Let me save you the trouble. It's stupid. You can still try it, but... it's really dumb.

You can't download it. You will need to go to a site, enter phone OS, phone type and email address. It will be sent to the email address as a link to a server and you download it from there.

BMW Roadside Assistance

3. halfmonkey

halfmonkey Active Member This Topic's Starter

So after visiting that website from the link, I noticed on the right hand side under the FAQ, it actually discusses downloading the app for the Android smartphone and on there, it says to go to the Android App Market. That's wierd how the FAQ says to do one thing but so far I haven't been able to find it on the ANdroid Market. Maybe in a day or two, it'll be posted (kinda like Google Earth). If not, I guess I'll just have to do what you did and get it that way. Thanks for the tip though.

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Why won't you do it the way I told you to? It works. And if you're running 2.1, who is to say it will show up in the Market in a few days? Maybe it's protected and will only show up to Droid users on 2.0. It doesn't show up in my 2.1 Market either.

5. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Just click the link, click phone, android and BAM! Fill in the info and follow the directions smacky posted. Simple. I don't even own a BMW but I just wanted to see it and its super easy to set up. (I didn't download it though). But there shouldn't be any trouble here bro.

EDIT: It's right in the middle where the picture is incase you missed it lol...

6. Tom Diego

Tom Diego Member

Old thread, but its the only reference I could find to this app.

I bought a new BMW last month (335is Coupe!) and when I try to register my car with my VIN, I get "Registration Failed". Also when I tap "Dealer Locator" and Search by ZIP or Search Nearby, I get "Retrieving Failed". When I tap on "Provide Feedback" it tells me that this is only available for registered users! :confused:

This is on my Droid Incredible. Has anyone gotten this to work with their BMW VIN on a Droid Incredible, or any other Android phone?

7. Tom Diego

Tom Diego Member

Apparently no one replied to my last post, but I found out a few days later that you have to turn off Wi-Fi in order for this app to allow you to register.