Boat browser FC on 4.2General

1. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of boat, but it keeps force closing on me since I upgraded to 4.2.

Anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement
    :
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Try wiping app data and see if it helps.
  3. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

No problem with mine & Flash still works with it. If clearing data doesn't help, try uninstalling/reinstalling.

Dave
  4. CYNICALifornia

No dice. Maybe I got a bad installation of the update.
  5. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

Since 4.2 I can't get Flash to work reliably on Firefox, Dolphin 8.5.1, or Boat. Prior to the update I could run Flash on Dolphin pretty much without any problem and I use it A LOT. This update has thoroughly pissed me off as I use Flash a lot.

Before anyone suggests the following, I've already done it, repeatedly.

Cleared data, deleted flash, browsers, reinstalled. It just isn't working on 4.2. sigh. FC on all three browsers either when a page comes up that has flash content, or shortly after beginning to play a video.
  6. CYNICALifornia

I'm going to do a full wipe and reinstall myself.
  7. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

i was hoping someone would go down that road (presuming they (you) are having FC with many of the Flash-capable browsers). this breaking of flash is really pissing me off. I don't find anything so "wonderful" about 4.2 that I'd prefer to have any of its new features, if Flash browsers are always going to FC.
  8. CYNICALifornia

Rxpert isn't having issues though. I think I just had a bad installation. Gimme a couple hours and I'll let you know how the full wipe goes.
  9. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

It's probably the apps, just wait for then to be updated to work with 4.2 no need to waste your time reseting the whole thing.

Also, isn't this like the fifth thread of the same thing? :confused:
  10. CYNICALifornia

Nope, just the second ;)
  11. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member

It force closes on me whenever I try to save pictures from a website. I chalk it up to incompatibility with a brand new OS update. Apex Launcher had problems too.
  12. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

Since the update, xScopePro browser still supports Flash.
  13. CYNICALifornia

Boat has been updated and now works with 4.2. :D
  14. caclark74

caclark74 New Member

I decided to play around and see if I could get streaming sports on First Row Sports to play without unlocking, rooting and installing the original Browser.apk. I tried Boat Browser, which allows you to enable Flash content but it force closes as soon as the video starts to load. Any other suggestions?

Nexus 7 32GB - Android 4.2 JB
  15. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

My Boat was force closing when a flash page was opened. I switched flash from auto to manual and hasn't closed since. Clicking the flash arrow runs flash fine with no force close.