• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boatload everytime (flashing kernel)

knoober

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2014
Fastboot flash boot <filename> right? Everytime I try to flash a kernel, whether it is the sickle kernels in the sticky or any other ones. Now I'm not positive (I've been wrong before about this stuff) but I'm sure that every kernel I've tried is for my variant, but I get bootloop or no change every time. Any clues?

Here's the pertinent info...
K2_cl running 4.2.2 with nearly current updates (I haven't installed the newest ones yet.) Rooted and s-off. Recovery = TWRP 2.7.1.0 ( that version number is from memory don't quote me) thanks in advance

Fastboot flash boot <filename> right? Everytime I try to flash a kernel, whether it is the sickle kernels in the sticky or any other ones. Now I'm not positive (I've been wrong before about this stuff) but I'm sure that every kernel I've tried is for my variant, but I get bootloop or no change every time. Any clues?

Here's the pertinent info...
K2_cl running 4.2.2 with nearly current updates (I haven't installed the newest ones yet.) Rooted and s-off. Recovery = TWRP 2.7.1.0 ( that version number is from memory don't quote me) thanks in advance

Are you sure your flashing the right boot.img for 4.2.2 because that can be a reason for the bootloop.

Reactions: knoober
Upvote 0
kernals for this phone are outdated and really dont offer much anything at all.if you want to know some cool stuff you can do im always available at frostbitehunter@gmail.com hangouts as i have the boost phone your describing fully stocked loaded activated.perhaps i can help shed some light to those confused on this particular phone.specially since most files are dead links

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones