Body Glove Captivate case.. Very nice!!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just picked it up from the AT&T store because its the only case Ive been able to find.. Didnt know what to expect, but its very nice. Fits great, but not a super hard plasic that will scratch.. I know alot of ppl in here are all about the expensive fancy "phantom skinz " type deals but this is an excellent case and would recommend it to anyone.. I picked it up for $19.99

review

YouTube - ‪Samsung Captivate Body Glove Case review - Galaxy S device on AT&T‬‎

case

Body Glove Clear Soft Shell Case - Samsung Captivate - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T

Now all I need is a screen protector.. any suggestions? I know best buy has the ZAGG ones , but Im curious how they are

Advertisement
  2. Droopie28

Droopie28 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have the same one, its cool, I like it ALOT

3. Lostsoul

Lostsoul Well-Known Member

I have it and love it.

4. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

looks like the epik resin case i used to have on my blackberry 9700.. except i only paid $4 for it

5. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

I really like this case. It feels solid yet it hardly adds anything to the phone. Many people complain it is too "slippery" and "slides" through your hands but I find it perfect. Also... I noticed a substantial reception boost with this case.... I know it sounds crazy but I often have full bars now

6. Nodes of Ranvier

Nodes of Ranvier Active Member

$19.99 was it on sale? I've only seen it for $24.99

7. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Perfect balance of protection and grip. Not so rubbery as to make it difficult to remove from your pocket, and not so slippery as to make it a challenge to hold. I highly recommend it.

8. taszymanski

taszymanski New Member

A day ago I would have completely agreed with all of you, because I love this case. And I could just completely be a fluke, but yesterday I was showing off the phone and someone asked me to remove the case; so I happily obliged and upon removing I find that it seems part of the case has worn down the nice black metal on one section of my battery cover....:eek:...:mad: It was only in the case for ~36 hours.

[​IMG]

I Looked around in the case to see if there was any obvious reason why this happened and couldn't find anything. :confused: And I KNOW it wasn't like that before I put the case on. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, but it sure isn't going to get better....

I just felt it was worth an FYI to everyone with the case.

9. MeVirtually

MeVirtually Active Member

Thanks for sharing. I haven't picked up a case or skin yet. May do both like I did for my iPhone, to protect from grit that gets in (and now scuffing) under the case, but the case provides cushioning if dropped.

10. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

^ I've had my Body Glove case on my Captivate since July 18th and I don't exhibit the same issues you are having.

It's a great case. My Captivate looks brand new.

11. enjoimark

enjoimark Active Member

Dude, the Zagg Invisible Shield SUCKS. It makes your phone feel a cheap toy. It also made my touch buttons on the bottom less sensitive. Mine lasted for about a week before I took it off. I was so unimpressed that I even emailed the company about it... and I never do that.

12. ~Reaper~

~Reaper~ Well-Known Member

i also got this case abot a week after i bought my phone an all i can say is incredible i love it

it makes the phone feel so much better in my hand and the the sleep button at least for me is easier to find

i cannot say anything bad about this case quality stuff

13. peterpp

peterpp Well-Known Member

I like mine a lot. Not slippery at all and I feel the grip is so much better than without.

14. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

I also have the Body Glove case and i have not had any problems with scuffing or anything, i think it's a pretty solid case.

15. taszymanski

taszymanski New Member

I'm not trying to bash the case, I love the feel and agree with everyone's comments, but I'm a little perplexed by the worn spots on the cover. I could very well be a completely isolated instance... Still a bummer though. :(

16. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

Had my body glove since the phone came out ... no scuffs ...

Perhaps you had something caught in the case that you did not notice and it fell out ... ???

17. evileyez3

evileyez3 Active Member

I too bought the case on July 18th and have loved it since. I haven't had a single problem with mine. It fits nice and snug without a bunch of bulk. I know my Captivate is protected with it.

18. myrv

myrv Well-Known Member

I have the body glove and like it a lot but am going to return it. I don't know if it is oily skin or what but it is too slippery in my hand. I wish I could find a great shaped case like this only have it made out of more tacky material.

19. omgitsoop

omgitsoop Well-Known Member

bought the case the day after i bought the phone, it matches my wetsuit from 1994 and it adds some heft to the phone, my last phone was very heavy and sometimes i miss the solid feeling of some weight. ive taken the cover off many times to access the memory card and no scuffing over here!

20. mrmeany

mrmeany Member

I've had my body glove case on for two weeks and it has been riding in my pocket the whole time on hikes and various activities. Not a single scuff, still looks new under the case. Fits great, good grip. I bought mine as a holder case till something better came along, but I'm keeping this for a long while.

21. Epic800

Epic800 Active Member

I purchased this case yesterday when I picked up my captivate. I must say this case i s amazing in quality and overall detail.

22. Pheno.menon

Pheno.menon Well-Known Member

I got this case too and have not been disappointed. It looks good and does its job well.

23. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

great case

24. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Active Member

It's $25 for a piece of plastic. But all cases are about like that, and this is a good one.

25. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually its 25 bucks for Silicone,gel, AND plastic.. But it works great ;)

Like I said In another thread I didnt wanna buy any accessories for this because New Android phones will phase out the captivate in a few months anyways, so its just like throwing $$ out the window.. But tis was worth it