body glove case messed the phone up

Last Updated:

1. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when i was putting it on, it made the trimming "bow" out from the end of the keyboard. now i have to take the phone back and get another one....:mad:

Advertisement
  2. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

picture?

3. SSinisterSS

i snapped it back on, im gonna go to vz tomorrow and return it for something else

thoes little tabe that grab the phone are too hard, they need to flex more so we can bend them so they can clear the phone's lips while going on.

4. billd

billd Well-Known Member

I've put it on and taken it off a couple of times. It's kind of hard to get off, but I didn't have trouble putting it on.

5. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

now i know not to buy one now...i still dont know how i want to protect my phone :(
    hope i dont decide when it's too late...i treat this thing like a baby right now im so worried ill scratch it or something

6. drudometkin

drudometkin Well-Known Member

I don't get it. How could it cause damage like that? I didn't have any problems putting this case on. Can you post a picture of the damage?

7. SSinisterSS

ill have to try and get it to do it again, hopefully the trimming snaps back on or else im gonna have to replace the phone.

how did you guys put it on? the clip by the USB bent the trimming out on me.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

No problems putting it on nor taking it off - about 6 times (I really, really really wanted to use the GPS Navigation feature. Repeatedly.

I am returning the Case, though, as I cannot keep taking it off and putting it back on every single time. Now it is time to find a nice leather case with a magnet that won't set the phone off....or, perhaps I'll go old skool and find one with a clasp / snap?

Also returning the car charger from VZW - for the price I paid there I can get a pair of 3 in 1 Micro USB chargers that work in both the car as well as an electrical outlet...and for a couple of bucks I can get longer 6' gold plated cables....

VZW over charges for their stuff, I see....

9. SSinisterSS

i got it on finally without it harming the phone, and the keyboard is hard as hell to slide. i think some of the rubber is coming into contact with something. im gonna take it back and look for something else with a belt clip

10. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

i am not a fan of hard cases...
    rubber or gel is the way to go
    hard cases always scratch phones..

11. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

I like the Body Glove case I got with the phone. Tedious to get off, yes, easy to get on (the clasps are designed to go on, not come off...without force.) If you use the slide out kb, the part of the case that encompasses the screen encroaches on the top row of keys just enough where it is noticeable. All in all I like it, but I don't use the slideout kb nor do I take the case off to do navagation.

12. AdamDroid

AdamDroid Active Member

so it still allows it to be used with the nav and the media dock?

13. ThisIsMyAlias

ThisIsMyAlias Member

The body glove from Verizon was the first case I bought. I had to return my broken phone 20 minutes after I got it because of the case. The case was making it hard to slide the keyboard out (well not hard, but it definitely required a stronger push of the screen to get the keyboard than when it's naked). The case was grabbing and it grabbed a button on the keyboard and ripped it out.

I have a cheap velcro case now (had a magnet case, but it kept triggering the phone).

14. AdamDroid

AdamDroid Active Member

Damn that sucks

15. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

Nav works fine, I don't have a media dock nor do I need one...I don't think :)

16. AdamDroid

AdamDroid Active Member

I like it. It is nice to have a place to display it on my desk

17. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue. I was trying out the body glove and the Verizon rep put it on. When she couldn't get it of she called over another guy and he took it off while the screen was open. He put so much pressure on the screen trying to get it off, the screen was loose along the edge where the keyboard is. I took it back to Best Buy yesterday and got another one.

18. spectrrr

spectrrr Well-Known Member

I still have the original clear film over the screen that came with the phone (the one that had writing on it). Writing has since worn off, but the film is still clinging to the screen just fine after I cut off the corner tab. Waiting on my phantom skinz order to arrive....

19. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

care to link to the phantom skins where you got them from?

20. SSinisterSS

while i was fighting it i was VERY aware of the screen, i was using the corners of the phone as pressure points taking the damn thing off. im thinking by cutting 1 of the holding tabs off that may do the trick of having an easy on/off system with these cases.

21. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

Have the Body Glove on mine....no problems.

Sounds like user error.

22. sA x sKy

sA x sKy Member

I hate that case. I have it too but can it be returned if it was opened but with the original box?