Body Glove Case?

Last Updated:

1. illestChronicle

illestChronicle Member This Topic's Starter

I first want to say that this case is great. I've always liked silicone cases but hated the fact that it was very difficult to slip into the pocket. With this case it is hard rubber with a nice plastic feel on the back with a slick diagonal line design on the back which gives it a nice feel in the hand.

The only problem that I have with it is a slight bump on the bottom of the case near the microphone hole. I'm not sure if this is normal and wanted to know if anybody else has this on their case. I just don't want this to become a problem and catch on to anything in my pant pocket like a stray string or something lol. It was the only case left in stock and if this isn't normal I might just have to wait until they get more in stock to exchange it...

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

I have the same thing. You should be fine! :)

3. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

Yep, must be something in manufacturing that causes it cause mine is the same. I'm actually returning it. Don't care for it.

4. illestChronicle

Ahh okay I'm glad I'm not the only then. Thanks!

5. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member

+1.. its on mine too.

Considering grabbing one of the wife's nail files and filing that
    bad boy down.

6. Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels Well-Known Member

+another1 - mine also.

Might be from the molding process. They have to "squirt" the original material in from somewhere on the mold, but for $25, ya think they could clean it up a little...

T

7. illestChronicle

I'm thinking of filing it down too. Or wait and see until the AT&T store gets some more but more than likely I'll just sand it down a little.

8. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

I guess I got lucky. :)

9. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Damn, you people are finicky lol. I'd just cut it down with a razor blade. So does this thing cheapen the look at all? Does it give the phone a much safer feeling? Like if it was in your pocket and you bumped into a wall, you'd feel a lot better reaching in your pocket than if it had been naked? Does it make the phone noticeably heavier?

I'm trying to decide between a cover or a case. Hope my questions weren't too annoying =P

10. jpeg42

jpeg42 Member

I just want to say I love this case :D It fits awesomely snug around the phone and has a great grip to it. I normally hate cases, but the body glove won me over. Really exceptional for a "release day" case!

11. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Hmmm. It's not on their website. Any links?

12. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member

I personally don't mind. I didn't even notice until this topic! And I need something to protect my phone.

13. AndroidForMe

AndroidForMe Active Member

Could you post some more pictures of the case? Thinking of picking this up online...

14. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

I just stopped by my local store on the way home tonight and got one. Fits perfectly! Didnt really want to spend 24 dollars but none of the other ones are available yet... so what the heck :)

15. flecha05

flecha05 New Member

Yeah i have it too. its probably where they inserted the liquid rubber to the mold.

16. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Any links to further review online? Or any more pics anyone who has one is willing to upload?

17. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

It's a decent case, nicer than the cheapo neoprene, but not as nice as a quality hard case. I didn't care for it, aside from protecting the phone I want the case to feel a little "grippy" in my hand. This didn't do that. I'm returning it tomorrow and have already ordered the full Invisible shield.

18. illestChronicle

I personally like the look of the case and other people like the look and feel of it as well. It doesn't add too much weight and makes the phone only slightly larger. Once you take it off you do remember how thin it is though. :cool:

Here is a post that "Dennis_Bham" made with some pictures:

http://androidforums.com/1179886-post20.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

damn that's ugly... I think I'll get a case lol.

20. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

I have noticed when I cover the entire backplate with my hand that I lose some bars...Havent had an issue with call quality, but I find this disturbing, if you had this issue before, does putting the body glove on it get rid of that issue?

I'm considering going with an allover case this time around instead of my normal use of a side holster.

21. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I just got this yesterday and rather like it. Don't like the $25 price gouging but I was too nervous about damaging the phone and sucked it up after searching all over for alternatives.

22. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't have it, checked both ends. And yes, this is a great case for the phone. I also got the screen protectors from AT&T for $10 (3 Pack), very good quality. I know everyone loves Zagg but the ones from AT&T seem just as good.

23. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

You'll also notice if you lie on top of your phone it'll lower the signal too. :p The bodyglove will not hurt the signal strength any. It's just like the old days of TV rabbit ear antennas. Remember them? Maybe your grandma had them. If you walk in front of them, the tv signal sometimes got fuzzy. It's all radio waves and yes any part of your body can reduce the signal. NORMALLY it's not enough to drop a call or worry about. If you're that worried, go back to a landline phone :)

24. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member

I think the case looks fine. Its personal pref of course.

It keeps the same general look of the phone. It adds maybe a 1/4 inch around
    the phone, so most cases will likely fit it just fine.

I used a similar case for my IPhone 3G for roughly 15 months, before I
    picked up an Otterbox for it. After 18 total months of heavy use, the 3G looks mint.

Made me a believer..