• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stormdroid

Sep 5, 2010
Soo I was having issues deciding between the fascinate and the incredible but ultimately went with the fasc on 9/10 because of the BOGO offer in the store. Now I am hearing that stores are having a BOGA smartphone!

I don't think that will change my choice because I am really diggin my fasc but just so you guys know its definitely BOGA in stores..I don't know about online.

I got two Fascinates on 9/9. I inquired about possibly exchanging my Fascinate for a Droid X on 9/10 at a different Verizon store using the BOGA deal. The sales rep said there was no BOGA on the Fascinate, just a BOGO, so if I exchanged the Fascinate I would have to pay an additional $199.99 for the X.

I know how misinformed some Verizon sales people are, so I'm not taking what he said as the end all of this though.

Upvote 0
I have seen the BOGA offer on TV numerous times this weekend...but when I went to the VW store yesterday - they acted like they didnt even know what I was talking about. So they lost a sale.

I know I asked about it when I went in on friday, but she said its bogo for now. So I guess in retrospect she was giving me a hint it would start soon. I'm so indecisive so now I'm like hmmmm should I get a different phone hah

Upvote 0
Ahh that makes me angry at my verizon store. I got mine Friday as well and it was still BOGO but today there is an ad in the paper for BOGA. Dumb.

Yes - I saw the BOGA in the paper as well...but I also saw the BOGA comericial on TV Friday night when I was watching the NASCAR nationwide race....not sure about Friday during the day...but that would be odd if they were doing BOGO on Friday and then switched to BOGA on Saturday...but knowing VW - who knows. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I went to the VZW store today to check out the SF and it is one bad ass phone. I have a Samsung Rogue right now and dont have a problem with Samung phones. I cant wait to get this phone. The earliest I can upgrade will be 9-23-10. So my question is how long will this BOGO promotion be going on my wife wants one too.

Upvote 0
I went to the VZW store today to check out the SF and it is one bad ass phone. I have a Samsung Rogue right now and dont have a problem with Samung phones. I cant wait to get this phone. The earliest I can upgrade will be 9-23-10. So my question is how long will this BOGO promotion be going on my wife wants one too.
Indeed I'd call VZW CS right now and see if they wont let you "early upgrade" they did it officially for the DX and maybe even the DInc I dont remember. If you get the right rep Im sure you can pull the trigger. Usually BOGO offers are pretty short term so I'd make the inquiry call ASAP

Upvote 0

By earliest you can upgrade do you mean your NE2 ends that day? Because if your account is in good standing, they usually let you upgrade like 2-3 months early if you want.

Upvote 0
When I ordered my SF over the phone last week, I was told I could not get the buy one get one. I inquired why and was told that I needed another one of my lines to be up for an upgrade.?.? Is that the only way to get the Bogo? To have two lines up for upgrade??

Affirmative. I had to add a line because I also only had one upgrade available.

Upvote 0
My NE2 doesnt come up until May 2011, 9-23-10 is the early early upgrade. I have talked to two different CS and neither would move it up any earlier than 9-23-10. So I have a couple of options Im considering. The EFT is not much on my two lines so I may go that route, or I could just add a 3rd line on the 23rd of this month. Not sure yet what Im going to do. I was told that the promotion runs out on 9-30-10 so Im good on that either way. Just hope that Samsung gets the bugs worked out on this GPS thing, and thanks for the replies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones