Boga?

Last Updated:

1. stormdroid

stormdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Soo I was having issues deciding between the fascinate and the incredible but ultimately went with the fasc on 9/10 because of the BOGO offer in the store. Now I am hearing that stores are having a BOGA smartphone!

I don't think that will change my choice because I am really diggin my fasc but just so you guys know its definitely BOGA in stores..I don't know about online.

Advertisement
  2. CTMouse511

CTMouse511 Active Member

I have seen the BOGA offer on TV numerous times this weekend...but when I went to the VW store yesterday - they acted like they didnt even know what I was talking about. So they lost a sale.

I went on the VW website and did the BOGO - as thats what I wanted anyway - but I am sure if you surf around their site - you can figure out the BOGA deal.

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I got two Fascinates on 9/9. I inquired about possibly exchanging my Fascinate for a Droid X on 9/10 at a different Verizon store using the BOGA deal. The sales rep said there was no BOGA on the Fascinate, just a BOGO, so if I exchanged the Fascinate I would have to pay an additional $199.99 for the X.

I know how misinformed some Verizon sales people are, so I'm not taking what he said as the end all of this though.

4. stormdroid

I know I asked about it when I went in on friday, but she said its bogo for now. So I guess in retrospect she was giving me a hint it would start soon. I'm so indecisive so now I'm like hmmmm should I get a different phone hah

5. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

I got one friday and it was indeed BOGA.

6. stormdroid

Ahh that makes me angry at my verizon store. I got mine Friday as well and it was still BOGO but today there is an ad in the paper for BOGA. Dumb.

7. CTMouse511

CTMouse511 Active Member

Yes - I saw the BOGA in the paper as well...but I also saw the BOGA comericial on TV Friday night when I was watching the NASCAR nationwide race....not sure about Friday during the day...but that would be odd if they were doing BOGO on Friday and then switched to BOGA on Saturday...but knowing VW - who knows. :rolleyes:

8. xliderider

I also saw the BOGO commercials on TV. Today's paper has the BOGA ad good till September 30 so I'm keeping the ad in case I decide to exchange my Fascinate for the X.

9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah a big 10-4 on the stores not having a clue sometimes. Now my intent was always to get 2 but I did ask about BOGA vs BOGO and they said it was BOGO. No skin off my back but again store reps sometimes really are clueless compared to some of us

10. simearl

simearl Member

I went to the VZW store today to check out the SF and it is one bad ass phone. I have a Samsung Rogue right now and dont have a problem with Samung phones. I cant wait to get this phone. The earliest I can upgrade will be 9-23-10. So my question is how long will this BOGO promotion be going on my wife wants one too.

11. xliderider

My newspaper's ad has the end date as 9/30/10, call Vzw CS, they may have more info.

They may also be able to push your upgrade date up since it is so close. ;)

12. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Indeed I'd call VZW CS right now and see if they wont let you "early upgrade" they did it officially for the DX and maybe even the DInc I dont remember. If you get the right rep Im sure you can pull the trigger. Usually BOGO offers are pretty short term so I'd make the inquiry call ASAP

13. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

By earliest you can upgrade do you mean your NE2 ends that day? Because if your account is in good standing, they usually let you upgrade like 2-3 months early if you want.

14. irish

irish Well-Known Member

When I ordered my SF over the phone last week, I was told I could not get the buy one get one. I inquired why and was told that I needed another one of my lines to be up for an upgrade.?.? Is that the only way to get the Bogo? To have two lines up for upgrade??

15. xliderider

Affirmative. I had to add a line because I also only had one upgrade available.

16. irish

irish Well-Known Member

OK, thanks. I have one up for upgrade on 10-13. I wonder if I could get it pushed through??

17. simearl

simearl Member

My NE2 doesnt come up until May 2011, 9-23-10 is the early early upgrade. I have talked to two different CS and neither would move it up any earlier than 9-23-10. So I have a couple of options Im considering. The EFT is not much on my two lines so I may go that route, or I could just add a 3rd line on the 23rd of this month. Not sure yet what Im going to do. I was told that the promotion runs out on 9-30-10 so Im good on that either way. Just hope that Samsung gets the bugs worked out on this GPS thing, and thanks for the replies.