BOGO SwapGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so my mom wants a droid incredible. We goto buy and we get the message, Buy One Get One Free, and my brothers line is up for an upgrade. He has an incredible but can't we just swap out his current incredible for the new one, (he wants an SLCD), and sell his incredible on ebay?? Or vice versa, if he wants to keep his current one and just sell the free one we get?? Or is there some kind of ethics law I'm not following??

Advertisement
  2. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

when its buy one get one both phones need a contract. that how they get you on the "sale"

3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Correct. They aren't just giving you a free phone for nothing. The price of the phone is subsidized through the payments of the contract. So, in essence, he would also need to start a 2nd contract in order to get the new Incredible.

4. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Both are eligible for upgrades. She's going to buy an inc, doesn't that count as contracts if they are using up their 2 year contracts for each if they each get a new phone?

5. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

They both have to be eligible for a contract, and they both need to have the data plan. If you already have the full data plan. it might make sense, but if it increases the monthly bill $5 you'll only make $200 off the deal. $10 a month, you're only going to make $25 or so.

6. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

If both lines are elig for an update, you can do it. Since both lines have (or will have) data plans (brother already has an inc and mom is getting one), you can do that.

The real question is how does your brother have an incredible and be up for a new phone now?

7. ilinimud

ilinimud Well-Known Member

Good question. Verizon sent me a deal in the mail for a $99 dollar upgrade, but i just got my Inc in July. I thought it was a mistake, and pitched it.