1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Bookmark and Stock Browser Issue

1. Indians

Indians Active Member

Every time that I turn off/turn on my device all my local bookmarks are refreshed with the "stock" Asus bookmarks. Also, all my selections in the browser (i.e. Request Desktop) are reset to the defaults. And third, all saved passwords are forgotten.

So, essentially every restart does a factory restore on the browser.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Are you using Browser2RAM?
  3. Indians

Indians Active Member

I was. After a factory reset everything was fine. Once I restored my backup it asked for root, then the issue came back. App now removed and everything is working.
  4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Glad you figured it out.

FWIW - that is *exactly* how B2R works. It stores all the settings in RAM - which is volatile and gets erased on power down / reboot. Same reason why RAMdrives for computers only work as long as the computer is up and running, and have to be reinitialized on every boot.

That gets me to wondering, however - I wonder why it cannot be modified to save all settings back to the internal storage upon exit (and, thus, potentially also modified to restore settings from internal storage on browser initialization). I'd sacrifice startup time on the browser to be able to store my settings permanently....