1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark Question

Last Updated:

1. chevyfan061

chevyfan061 Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 23, 2010
    I was wondering how to add my own picture or image to the bookmark so i wont have to see the plain browser/dolphin logo on my homescreen

is there a certain app that i can do this with or some way of doing it with pandahome or a different home replacement?

Thanks in advance :D

2. skeezicks

skeezicks Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Sure. You can change the icon not only of bookmarks, but your apps, too. I'm sure people in this thread will mention the Better Cut app, which is compatible with all kinds of icon packs (look for "icon pack" in the Marketplace), but I find that a terribly clunky program. It simply takes forever.

The best solution, IMHO, is to use the dxTop home replacement. First off, it's a great program -- 5 screens arranged in a cross-shaped pattern -- but if you long press on any icon, including the bookmarks you've got on your screen, one of the options is to select a new icon. DxTop is compatible with all the icon packs I've ever downloaded.

Usual disclaimer: I don't know the dxTop team from Adam; I'm just a happy user.
  3. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    For those people that don't want a complete redo of the home page, BetterCut is the choice. For me, IMHO, Sweeterhome, Open Home, and Sense UI are better than DxTop. But opinions are like noses, most everyone has one (or a different one).