Bookmark Transfer?Support

Last Updated:

1. JohnKuczek

JohnKuczek Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to quickly transfer my bookmarks from MS IE 7 to the stock internet browser on the Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

3. JohnKuczek

JohnKuczek Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you that worked great!

4. jishaq

jishaq Member

I originally was annoyed by this app because it didn't preserve my bookmark folders -- it just dumped all 350 of them into a single location on my phone.

Then I realized that the app was doing the best it could -- it's the browser on my HTC Incredible that doesn't appear to provide folders to organize bookmarks! My goodness, that's terrible.

-J

5. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

There are web sites that let you organize bookmarks into online "folders". One solution might be to set one of those up, and then make that your only bookmark on your phone. Not perfect - but it'd work, and then you'd have one source of bookmarks for all your devices... I think Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search is one.

6. sloman

sloman New Member

I use Google toolbar for my bookmarks on my PC. It seems I should be able to move those to my Google phone easily.

7. intalekshul

intalekshul New Member

I love xmarks on all my other computers, but on the incredible xmarks dumps the contents of all the folders into one batch. Hope this gets fixed. It took a long time to organize the folders and their contents and I would like to continue to use the folders on the phone.

8. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Well-Known Member

9. BoogieNYC

BoogieNYC Well-Known Member

Is this issue resolved? I'm two weeks from a Droid X and want to use XMarks to keep my bookmarks synced. Is there any way to have the phone sync only one folder? Or is the problem that the browser doesn't support bookmark folders/subfolders?

10. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

Yes, there IS a way to tell XMarks to synch only selected folders....

You have to login to your Xmarks page ("account") and setup one or more of what they call "Synch Profiles" on the site. It allows you to use checkmarks to indicate which folders you want to synch. Look for the "Synch Profiles" button on the Xmarks toolbar across the top of the page.

Or you can just edit the settings of the default profile.

XMarks is VERY tricky to figure out, but experiment and you'll get there...

11. dfynn

dfynn New Member

HI, I have tryed this app but when I try to export my favorites folders it doesn't work , do I have to download individual files ....Help.....