Bookmark_thumb question

Last Updated:

1. gopens

gopens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am going through what's on my SD card in my Evo and transferring pictures to my computer. I found a folder that is called bookmark_thumb1 and it has tons of screen shots from different websites on my Evo. Is there a way to stop this from happening. And how does it decide what screen shots to save. I have these pictures on my phone from my e-mail account and different sports pages I frequent.

Sent from my HTC Evo using tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. stevieo526

stevieo526 Active Member

It only saves the screens that you've bookmarked with the stock browser.

3. gopens

gopens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thats weird because I have NEVER bookmarked anything on my evo. I just deleted 142 screen shots.

4. stevieo526

stevieo526 Active Member

That's weird....I only had a few that I bookmarked on day one. Since then I switched to the Dolphin HD browser and it stopped happening. I also had to download their Bookmark add-on widget. Try using Dolphin HD, you can always uninstall if you don't like it.

5. DIESTROnG

DIESTROnG Active Member

Found this article...
    HTC Sense stores images of bookmarked web pages

seems that its Sense causing this, which in turn the privacy activists are very concerned, Nothing as of yet found regarding any password data or anything else like that to bring the community to an uproar. Then it becomes a matter of deleting the folder and wiping your SD card all the time.