bookmarks losing sort order

Last Updated:

1. pk1209

pk1209 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's only a little niggle but I sort my browser bookmarks alphabetically but most of the time when I go back in they've gone back to being sorted by newest.

This happens without adding any new bookmarks!

Anyone else get this and find a solution?

Cheers

Pete

Advertisement
  2. FosterBoondog

FosterBoondog New Member

Started immediately after I received the Verizon OTA upgrade to 2.1. I had another app problem after that upgrade (Weather widget crashing) that I was able to fix by clearing the associated cache data, but I can't figure it out for this one.

3. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

I've seen this queried elsewhere and not seen a solution yet. It's possibly the only thing that annoys me about the stock browser.

4. oldgil

oldgil New Member

have the same issue... very annoying

5. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

The only solution I can think of is to write all your bookmarks down, delete them and re-add them in alphabetical order, starting with z.

This is not ideal though, and you'd have to redo this every time you wanted to add a new bookmark.

6. Shoresy

Shoresy Member

Try Bookmark Sort and Backup it shows you your bookmarks and you can move them about works a treat on the tattoo... but though i would share here

S

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Iirc HTC are aware of the issue

8. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Yeah, happens all the time for me but it's really simple to sort the bookmarks again so it didn't bother me, I'm now using the Dolphin HD browser, doesn't happen on this browser, that I've noticed anyway.

9. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I've noticed this problem recently too, since v1.21.405.2 was installed on my Desire, and wondered what was going on. I'm sure that the HTC Bookmarks widget also updated its order based on the sort by order set in the browser's bookmarks settings before this software version, but now it always stays as newest at the top, even when the browser shows them in alpha order. Sometimes I'll go into the browser and it retains my setting, but other times I'll go to bookmarks and they'll be back to newest order.

Hopefully HTC will fix this soon.

10. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

It did this before the update

11. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed, but I'm sure the Bookmarks widget changed its sort order before and it doesn't even try to now.