Booo ATT, Radio Shack FTW!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by solidkevin, Feb 13, 2011.

1. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    So I went to ATT and they said I cant buy it off contract unless I get an early upgrade, I said screw them and went to radio shack, they let me get it off contract with no hassle, It was $450 at RS though, ended up paying $490 total, not a problem for me though, I was expecting $600 when it was announced so its all good.

Advertisement
  2. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    That makes zero sense. Was at AT&T yesterday, and while they wouldn't let me buy it a day early, it was $399 off contract.

3. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yup, they said, no, we dont sell it just like that, you need to have an early upgrade, either they were just trying to get a contract out me or something, either way meh, im happy.

4. ttusomeone

ttusomeone Active Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Bought mine at a local AT&T store for $399 off contract. They gave me no problems. Actually a very good experience.

5. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Hawaii, USA
    yeah i tried to buy mine online through AT&T's website but for some reason it didn't have the option to buy it off contract. i was trying for a few minutes and it still didn't work. so i ended up buying it off Amazon Wireless for $479.99 (the tax is ridiculous)
    but i got it nonetheless. now the wait begins :p

6. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    I don't know how some of these ATT corporate stores come off saying that they can't sell it without contract. The fricken price sign SAYS the price without committment - and it's obvious that they can. I've had so many problems with these stores that think that we're morons.

7. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    South of Titletown
    I bought mine from Radio Shack this morning and brought along a screenprint of the $399 price from ATT. The guy called the district manager and would not sell it for less than $450. Something about it's "our mark-up" and you'd only get $399 from ATT directly.

I didn't argue too much considering the $30 gift card I got.

8. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member
    Contributor

Dec 13, 2009
    Tampa
    At&t store (at least some) do this often with new phones. They dont get much from the outright sale so they hoard them for new lines/upgrades. They will never admit it but it's pretty obvious when you can go right back to the same store in a couple of weeks and buy it outright.