1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Boost Hotspot??

1. danielmike

danielmike Well-Known Member

Been thinking of getting this phone for a while now.. Finally was able to buy it friday!! I usually root to use teether, but since it has the option for a boost hotspot I wanted to ask you guys if you use it and if so how realible is it and what kinda up an download speeds it has?? Happy that I got a new gs2 and not really ready to root it yet, so if you can help me out with some info it would be much appreciated!! Thanks my android community and friends!!

Advertisement
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

the boost hotspot will work as any other. speed and dependability is determined by your service. it will vary at different times and places
    danielmike likes this.
  3. danielmike

Thanks Kevindroid.. I was just looking for an alternative to root for a little while.. Because this phone seems really responsive without running mod or ram scripts!! Im very impressed and like Boosts GS2..So can I activate it by turning it on inside the app or do I gota call Boost and have them activate the hotspot?? Thanks again!!
  4. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

Your welcome. You can use the computer and activate that add on. You must increase your account by $10. It will activate on your next cycle. I didn't root until I had this phone figured out. For root only there is an apk called framaroot. Enjoy your phone
    danielmike likes this.
  5. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Ya. Just root ur phone and get WiFi tether app. No need to pay an extra 10$ a month for something u can get for free when rooted. Unless I'm missing something here.
  6. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Some people (Not me) would rather not root their device (hard to understand I know lol)
    danielmike likes this.
  7. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Dude... that's an extra 120$ a year... root your phone. :)
  8. danielmike

Lol!! Thanks guys.. I didnt mean i wasnt gonna root it, just wanted to wait.. Thanks for the root info Kevindroid!! Thats good info that I was gona be looking for.. An I also agree with the both you other guys.. Some like this phone without rooting it and rooting to save the money is cool to.. Every phone iv owned I rooted so I could dev without restrictions!! Thanks for replying friends! Peace...