Boost HTC EVO Design 4G UI glitchSupport

1. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

I've been having a few UI glitches on my EVO Design 4G from Boost. I've emailed them about it, but haven't heard back yet. I haven't even had it a week, and these problems began on day two.

I know I have not been the cause of the issue. No drops, no water, I've treated the phone very well (in a hard case, with an invisibleShield, I even clean the phone). I haven't even tried altering the phone yet. It isn't rooted, no CWM, no deodexing, no system altering apps.

Here's where my phone's UI glitches out. Mainly on websites, most commonly on Facebook (but not exclusively), when I have to input text information such as login information, the keyboard disappears after I tap on one key. The keyboard is still there, and I can still use it, but the image of it is replaced by a copy of the visible field above the location of the keyboard. The same thing occasionally happens with pop up menus. Sometimes, instead copying whats visible above or behind the glitching item, the keyboard or menu will be replaced by dozens of diagonal lines coming from the visible fields around the keyboard or menu.

I haven't yet been able to find this issue posted on these forums. I'm wondering if this issue has occurred to anybody else? If its common, I probably won't have to worry about sending it in to exchange it. But if its not, then I get to send it in for a glitch free phone.

So if you've had this issue, leave your comments below, and let us know what you've done about it, even if you decided just to live with it. Also, let us know if you know if it can be fixed with flashing a new ROM.

Advertisement
    :
  2. gdelbosquec

gdelbosquec New Member

i have same problem...
    i reboot the phone and start working normally... but either way comes back every now and then
  3. joshua.worth

joshua.worth Well-Known Member

The Stock Internet Browser seems terrible on the Boost ICS leaks (for what that's worth) I recommend the Firefox Beta, Chrome is okay but quite wonky when typing at times. I have the Stock browser disabled because of how slow it loads and it frequently crashes.
    Savage Shadows and Rally 517 like this.
  4. Savage Shadows

Thanks Josh. I'll have to try out Firefox. I've just been using Chrome, because I like sending pages to my phone from my laptop.
  5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It must be a Sense or ICS issue because I experience it on the Virgin Evo V.
  6. joshua.worth

joshua.worth Well-Known Member

Our software is very similar so it's likely due to them not putting much time into our device since they are considered old and they've moved on mostly. Doubt we'll ever get another significant upgrade unless it is from our devs around the forums
  7. Savage Shadows

Once we get our hands on the kernel source, I might see what I can do to convince KoumaJutsu from the Prevail to work on the Design. I'm a total fan of his work. He might have a few ideas.
  8. patsfann

patsfann Well-Known Member

yes kouma is the man , my prevail was awesome , just had the chance 2 upgrade & took it .......(very sorry i did ) this htc phone is nothing but a headache...stuck with it now so ............
  9. ironmask

ironmask Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree Kouma is a pretty awesome guy... I loved it when he brought some overclocking and other custom kernel tweaks to the prevail... I ended up moving on to the LG Marquee for a couple of months then selling it to get this phone and now I am having a couple of issues myself..
    1. the sd unmounting periodically
    2. the chrome browser problem as well

hope to see a Cyanogen 7 or 9 come this phone as soon as some sources get put out there... its always nice to see some real developers perfect a phone better than the ones who actually released it! :p