Boost is updating the prevail to 2.3 gingerbread next week

1. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

What's up peeps? I see things are going. So what exactly do I do for update?
  2. PhoneMan93

PhoneMan93 Well-Known Member

So why don't someone create a new post with a tutorial of how to root GB so it will be known and not within the 100pages of this thread and you know there is still 100's to come if it doesn't get posted!
  3. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

Works perfect.
    Installed titanium back up and am in the process of removing bloat.
    WTF is keytracer2.3.5?
  4. ShadowClutch

ShadowClutch Member

Figures they begin releasing GB the day after I root my phone. Does the One-Click Root still work?
  5. im a genius

im a genius Well-Known Member

hroark can we flash your cm7 on this or no?
  6. chin checka

chin checka Well-Known Member

works with shabbys new oneclick
    ShadowClutch likes this.
  7. hroark13

hroark13 Well-Known Member Developer

my CM7 will overwrite most of it

Dont do it, i think you will have a lot of problems.

I will be working on a new CM7 image

I will be trying to use the new kernel that came with this, the drivers and such

I have a lot to look at with all this new stuff, so it will be a little while before I put anything out

Hopefully by time the weekend comes, there will be a new CM7 beta

I hope that since this is out now, that at least some people will still be interested in CM7
    525Local and ShadowClutch like this.
  8. Rally 517

I'm riding with you my dude. So how do I get update exactly. Too much info in thread.
    hroark13 likes this.
  9. im a genius

im a genius Well-Known Member

i would!
  10. Rally 517

And is it fast slow or what compared to stock/shabby or cm7. Thanks in advance.
  11. hroark13

which update?

if you want the Stock EJ06 Gingerbread ROM that was released today, you can visit the Odin thread and use the images that Kouma has made

if you want the newest CM7, the beta 2d is the latest

I will be working on a new image for CM7 and hopefully have some thing by the weekend
  12. junx

junx Well-Known Member

cwm work on this?
    i flashed it twice.
    the first time i let it reboot after the flash with odin and when i went into recovery it was still stock recovery.

the second time I went immediately into recovery after the flash. it went into cwm recovery. i let it reboot once more then i was like time to root. but before i try to root it i wanted to make a save in cwm. so i went into recovery and now its back to stock recovery... anyone else getting this?
  13. hroark13

did you try stick.zip
    junx likes this.
  14. hroark13

Quadrant score was 1056

seems alot faster than Stock Froyo
  15. weirdfate

weirdfate Well-Known Member

titanium reboots the phone?

BTW i think they think were hard of hearing with that boot sound!
  16. chin checka

chin checka Well-Known Member

yea to me also its smooth.

CWM5 is working & installing fine on my end. just gotta use the stick.zip & it will stay...

just havent flashed any mods or anything yet..

def gonna wait to u cook the new beta
  17. junx

junx Well-Known Member

lol whoops. read the readme file instead of the instructions in the cwm thread.
    thanks.
  18. Rally 517

I'm already running beta2. Was thinking of trying out update. But.... I might just wait for you. Love what you've done phone is like brand new with what you did. Can't wait for things to come. Which brings me back to a question earlier. How does the boost update compare to what you've done?
  19. hroark13

I am running the new update that came out today, just so I can get a good idea how everything works, and it runs nice to be honest

I am not sure, but i think this probably has CIQ and stuff so eventually you will see people making mods of this ROM that removed Bloat and CIQ, de-odexing, zip align and all that good stuff.

Compared to my CM7, this ROM works better becuase stuff like MMS when on WiFi works and my CM7 is beta and still has some issues to be worked out. It seems my CM7 is faster than this, but once Shabby, Blood or others come out with their stuff, it will be really close as far as speed goes
    Rally 517 likes this.
  20. Rally 517

So do I root the same way? And with cmw?
  21. Purponic

Purponic Well-Known Member

Working great so far the only minor issue is every app I delete with titanium backup the phone reboots lol
  22. aladdin99

3d graphics are better with this.
    Home screen and interface seem smoother on CM7.
    1156 Quadrant.
  23. hroark13

Kouma has rooted it if you look at page 2 i think

you should be able to install my CWM5 just remember to flash the stick.zip file as soon as CWM is done flashing
  24. hroark13

3D graphics compared to CM7?
  25. aladdin99

Yea frame rates are defiantly higher in quadrant compared to CM7. First test is smoother. The second screen with the rotation planet would cap at about 60fps. Now its is at70-71. Last screen with rotating DNA was topping out at 10fps. Now it is 15.
    Also the 3d test on SmartBench2011 is noticeably faster.
    Looks like they optimized the drivers very well.