• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Best WIFI-Tether app

as mentioned above "Wireless Tether for Root Users", is the best I have found. I have also heard barnicale(sp?) is pretty good too. you might have to find a specific wpa_supplicant file for your device that you want to tether to, if you want to connect to say a tablet.

I don't know why but for some reason Google Android after it reached a certain OS they didn't want us to tether from our phone to our tablets. I was not able to until I got the modded wpa_ file and dropped it in the correct folder with root explorer, I'm just speaking on the tablets I have tried and that at least 10 of them I don't know if it will work with other tablets because it is a Honeycomb and ICS issue, that's got the file that needs replaced, so I would think all newer tablets need this modded wpa file, Probably because they are trying to sell 3 and 4G tablets so they don't want us to connect with our phone you can find more info if you Google WPA_SUPPLICANT but it can be done just find the modded wpa file for your device, you will need root access to drop the modded wpa file into the device your trying to tether to.

Now as far as for computers it will pick up right away you wont need the modded wpa_supplicant file. If you have a wireless connection on your PC you will see a new connection called something similar to AndriodTether.

Upvote 0
My motorola droid has been rooted and I have the wireless tether app wireless_tether_2_0_pre3_eclair loaded. I can thether my laptop to the phone with an ad hoc connection. My computer shows that I am connected with good signal strength. However, I can not access the internet on my computer. Not sure why. Has anyone experienced this problem or know what I can do to get it working?

Upvote 0
OK so I upgraded from the prevail to the warp. My warp is rooted and superuser is fully updated. Now I installed Wi-Fi tether for root. My warp says WiFi tether is running. Now my prevails Wi-Fi does not recognize my warp. ???? How do I make my internet Wi-Fi from my warp to work on the prevail?
Another thing, my neighbor has a LG Android from uscellular.(andher phone is way weaker than my warp. She don't even have flash support) She came over and hotspotted her phones internet to my old prevail and it worked. What's missing in my boost mobile warp so other Android phones can see my connection? Anyone have the same issue? Frustrated and need a answer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones