• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile Certified Used Galaxy S3-Would U Buy?

Would U Buy A Certified Used S3 from Boost?

• Yes! ^.^P

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Maybe...thinking about it...hmmm..

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • NO WAY-EVER! >.>

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow i was thinking you got a refurbd sprint s3 for a second..too bad about the update! root time i guess? haha

Haha, yep, already rooted and good to go! :D

In case anyone interested updating to 4.3 (hopefully no one updated OTA 4.3, I guess the Knox apps/bootloader can brick the phone with custom ROMs), jdsingle76 from xda has a great stock 4.3 rooted ROM for our Boost S3. Since this is a stock, the Boost bloatwares are still there but you can pick and choose which ones you want to remove. I like mine to look pretty much vanilla so I love these stock rooted ROMs. Anyway, don't forget to thank jdsingle76 if you do use it.

[ROM][MK5][STOCK][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile - xda-developers

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I had the SV for just under a month and loved it at first. It was a big upgrade from my beloved Prevail.

The Beats Sound was awesome. It does have a nice screen for videos.

The first problem I had was that it was so loaded with bloat and only 4GB. I never rooted it although I wanted to. All that HTC S-off stuff was a pain. Also, I was not sure that I wanted to keep it.

After 3 weeks, I got caught in a rain storm and a few drops of water got on it. It almost fried it. The screen got discolored. I put it in rice, but it was never really the same.

So about 3 days before my 30 days was up, I bit the bullet, took it back and traded it for a S3 and paid the $100+

Other than the price, I have never been sorry.

There is no comparison. Other than the Beats Sound, the S3 beats the SV in every other way.

Easy to root, too. Lol

Upvote 0
Went ahead and traded in my S2 at Amazon for $114. Like new condition would have been $126. The power button was giving me problems so traded it while the phone still has value. Bought a brand new S3 for $299 (no tax) on Amazon using the trade in gift card I received. So cost me $185, just had to use my old prevail the few days in between shipping the phones. Didn't know Amazon took trade in phones or I would have done this weeks ago when I was contemplating getting the refurbished S3.

Reactions: ZingBot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones