• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] CM9 for Warp Development thread

building a 3.0 kernel now, going to see if it works too. Havent tested RIL fixes yet, having problem building after RIL fixes.. gotta debug the errors and try again.

are you just build the CAF kernel source.

to get it to work on our phone would be a lot of work, you would have to port all the drivers and stuff, I am not saying it can not be done, but I do not think that I would be able to do it

Upvote 0
I am not abandoning this either, the problem is I was spending so much time on Android stuff, with the kernel, CM7 and CM9 that I have started neglecting other areas of my life.

I am taking a break for a little while, but will resume it again soon.

If you guys only knew how much time I was spending on this stuff, you would not be impressed with what I have accomplished.
You have done an amazing job helping our community with your hard work and efforts. I appreciate everything you have sacrificed for our benefit and and their/your costs. I feel guilty and responsible for asking so much of you, if not personally, then just wishing for it. I hope you straighten everything out and come back to us whenever you can and have free time. We really appreciate all you have done for us and this amazing community.

If I had extra funds I would pay your power bill just to ensure we can have you sometime in the next month. (not saying you need it).

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0
are you just build the CAF kernel source.

to get it to work on our phone would be a lot of work, you would have to port all the drivers and stuff, I am not saying it can not be done, but I do not think that I would be able to do it

I almost got the build to finish, only like 3 errors with stuff. As for the RIL, wasnt able to test it thoroughly enough to say yes it's fixed.. needed my phone for work and couldnt install my cm9.

Reactions: Fishyer777
Upvote 0
Hi !

I have updated the ril java file . Now it is based on qualcomsharedril , and it uses nv_not_ready and nv_ready instead of ruim. It is a single file not as the old one.

On gsm it works as expected .

The new file downloadable from my github. It's name is ZTERIL so dont forget to change in system.prop.

Attachments

• ZTERIL.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
well joe, you da man. Apparently, no more RUIM errors in adb logcat, just haveta add a few lines in build.prop to see if data works. just getting the "Needs Provisioning" error in logcat. It finds all the info for the phone in NV, which is badassness (pure and epic badassness). basically meaning... DUDES WE HAVE PROGRESS!

Upvote 0
ok, sorry for double/triple posting... nobody posting anything here... soooo UPDATE:

Well, get this... Im getting data, but it's shutting itself off due to apn unavailability. basically meaning that it cant find the apn for boost mobile in the default apn list. BUT i like this error, means theres a chance data could work:

Code:
D/CDMA    (  583): [CdmaDCT] [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Data not possible.  No coverage:[/COLOR] dataState = FAILED
D/RILB    (  583): getLteOnCdmaMode=0 curVal=-1 product_type='' lteOnCdmaProductType=''

Progress being made...:D:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Is there a new build version of this I can check out?

coming soon, Im doing some more testing with data, ima need some help from someone who paid their bill... I couldnt do that cuz of bills and wife wanting a bit too much out of my wallet...-.-

[EDIT]

ok guys, this is like the super beta beta beta test build, practically NOTHING works, just testing data. hadta deodex it for it to load since i added a couple of things to it after building... so it's gonna take a bit to start up...

-~!-PREWARNING-!~

I am in no way to be held responsible for any damages incurred by this software. I am in no way to be held responsible for the following:
Bricking, Phone Exploding, Unexplained sounds gurgling from your buttcrack from the icycoolness of ics, Natural disasters, Nuclear Explosions, and any other problems that could occur from use of this software.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hcmekqura1uy1co

Upvote 0
i was able to place a call but no there was no audio whatsoever

i would love to help more but i dont know how to adb logcat.....

ofcourse data didnt work at all either.

I have to fix audio drivers, data Im still figuring out. Its going to be a bit before I can produce a stable version to release.

Upvote 0
This runs very slow, and launcher has to restart after you hit the home button. Is it a graphics issue?
yea it's a graphics issue, Im still working out all the kinks in it... updating opengl drivers, fixing audio, and testing the wifi fixes i did. luckily theres a phone out there alot like ours. even uses the same wifi chip. Im also working on gps too. doing too much in so little time. once i work out all those kinks, cm9 should be almost fully functional.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones