• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Cyanogenmod 7 progress/updates (daily!)

Good job Snake. First of all for taking on such a challenge.

I say we all pitch in with a $5-10$ donation or whatever you can afford, and get someone who has actually built a cm7 build, or maybe we could even get cm9 on the WARP. With the donation they can get a warp and some beer money. All we have to do is set up an account for a known developer and get him on this. I wish XDA-Devolopers had a forum for the WARP, or if we could even get some of the talent from there over here, because we need some action over here. I'm pretty sure XDA has already has the lower end models of the ZTE phones with developers building, why no WARP? I'm thinking the Prevail or Transform Ultra or devices with similar specs as the Warp, same CPU, RAM, Board, that is the developers we need to get involved. You know money changes a lot of stuff, I don't think it would be that hard for them to develop a build for us. Maybe even a developer that is a Boost customer, lets get him a warp and get this built.

I would really like to see cm9 on here but even cm7 would bring a smile my way. I don't know who to contact for this stuff, I've never developed anything so I'm not in the "in crowd" so to say I don't know who to contact, but I'm sure other here do. I have already heard some names mentioned. I will donate money to the cause though, whats $5-$10 dollars when we will have a bad ass phone when its done. Could you imagine ICS on the WARP!

When money gets involded thats when we are going to get what we want on our phones, at least that's the fastest way for us to see cm7 or cm9. Get someone a Warp and let them develop their @ss off!!!

Reactions: jjohnbubby5
Upvote 0
lol im already working on developing it though.. Unless you want another dev on here
No that isn't what I meant at all, I was just saying that maybe a little help your way or a collaboration would probably help you out with the problems your having. I don't know your skills, what you can and can't do but help and other people working on a project wouldn't hurt. Ya know. I will donate to you or anyone. I know you are hard at work with cm7 but do you think cm9 is even possible with the specs of the WARP?

Upvote 0
You have to unpack boot.img. That will give you the kernel and the ramdisk files. Default.prop is one of the ramdisk files that gets extracted.

Edit: Just noticed that the latest ROM I sent you had build.prop in it and not default.prop. Not sure if these are truly different files or whather build.prop should be renamed default.prop.

Edit again: They are 2 different files. The build.prop file is generated by the make process. Default.prop is inside the boot.img file. I only changed build.prop, not default.prop. However, looking at the settings, adb should be enabled already.

#
# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES
#
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

Upvote 0
There is (also ?) on the root of the phone (/default.prop)
screenshot-1330051887502.png

Upvote 0
I haven't messed around with the kernel yet, but I think he is using the term kernel in a generic way. I don't believe the kernel contains actual files per se. I can confirm that default.prop is part of the ramdisk files though. You might double-chck that my assumption is right. Pretty sure we're talking abut the same thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones