Boost Mobile gives away MSL "automated"General

Last Updated:

1. Khorosho

Khorosho Member

I recently was calling in to troubleshoot my prevails PRL issue, I ran across an automated option for retrieving the MSL code.

Call 1-866-402-7366 (dont call from your cell phone as the prompts wont automate)

*Press "4" for troubleshooting
    *Enter ten-digit boost mobile number
    *Press "3" for troubleshooting
    *Press "1" to accept your number playback
    *Press "5" to reprogram your phones Data and Voice Services

Here comes the automated walkthrough have paper and pencil ready.

*Enter your 4 digit pin code.
    *Press "4" to move to next step until it says your MSL code.
    (its roughly the second or third step)

This method takes about 2 Minutes and doesnt require root or apps or debugging modes. If you simply want it this is how to get it. Also it does nothing over the air to your phone. I have done this multiple times to program friends phones.

WARNING: This automated process is to do a SCRTN Reset. this wipes the phone number and activation from your phone. I don't recommend this if you are fine with your services. SO DONT ACTUALLY DO THE STEPS ON YOUR PHONE. Just listen to the Prompts.

Hope this helps those that still want the MSL and cant stand talking to outsourced Reps.

Have a great day.:)

2. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

if you just get the app get my msl done no phone call no nothing
    OhioFlyer likes this.
  3. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

I think the OP has a great method to get the MSL for different kinds of phones. There are some phones that do not like the getprop method and so the app doesn't work on them. On my samsung for some reason the gerprop is not working any longer. Gives me a blank carriage return and back to prompt. I have my MSL saved from previously but its not working now... maybe the latest update?

I like his method. Will work on the other phones. Especially the design since HTC likes to disable the getprop method.
    Khorosho likes this.
  4. Khorosho

Khorosho Member

That was originally my point. And also it works for non-Android phones as well. Any Boost phone. I use it all the time. I also used to work for a carryout that programmed many boost mobile phones, a trick to getting to customer service used to be hitting 88 as soon as the prompt said "Thank you for calling Boost Mobile" our dealer code was 43616-19. the zip code and the number of the store that boost had registered in that region. gets you right over to tech support instantly. but thanks for replying and giving the other viewpoint. :)
  5. Klown80

Klown80 Member

If you have other non activated boost phones laying around, you can always log into boostmobile acct and go to update handset, just switch handsets and it will give you programming instructions for the new boost phone (including MSL), then you just switch back! That simple! If you need the MSL from a boost phone and do not have an extra laying around, PM me and I will be glad to get it for you and have your MSL for you within a matter of minutes.

*** FYI - BE WARNED, if the current phone on your acct is on the android plan for instance, you need another boost phone that goes on the same plan. Otherwise switching plans from android ($55/mo) to regular unlimited ($50/mo) will cancel the current plan even if you just paid the monthly payment yesterday and start the new one. So just be careful you do not lose out on a a monthly payment doing this process***
    Khorosho likes this.
  6. The informant

The informant Well-Known Member

All the machine gave me was ##25327# and after that he just told me to reset...
  7. kolosus

25327 is your MSL. What more did you want?
  8. The informant

The informant Well-Known Member

lol no it's not. I tried it and it didn't work. That's why I posted here
  9. Klown80

Klown80 Member

You might try my method listed a few posts above, it has always gotten me the MSL for any phone. If you do not have an extra boost phone, let me know and I will let you use one of my extras if you still need it.
  10. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

The easiest way to get MSL :

1. Get Terminal Emulator from the market, install and open it
    2. Type :

su "Hit Enter"
    getprop ril.MSL "Hit Enter" ( command case sensitive )

Six-digit number is your MSL

Hope this helps.
  11. kolosus

You do not need to type su/get super user rights. Not for the Prevail at least.

Plus I wanted to add that even though the first post is correct... in general, there are a lot of steps missing. Thanks to the OP though!
  12. vce2005

well, without the "su" command, I did not get anything besides an error msg, that it can't read or something like that. Maybe you need the "su" command for rooted phones..... not sure, but I needed it to get the MSL !!
  13. Kruts

Kruts New Member

I realize this is a pretty old thread but I called 1-888-BOOST-4U (1-888-266-7848)and worked my way through their menus to get where it talks about completely reprogramming your phone. Just confirmed that the automated system will provide the MSL as I just tested this with a Samsung Seek.
  14. shumetra

shumetra New Member

I need the msl for my zte wa
  15. shumetra

shumetra New Member

I need my msl for my zte warp sync
  16. mzrideordie711

mzrideordie711 New Member

what if i dont know the pin number to the account the phone is on? how do i get the msl then
  17. mzrideordie711

mzrideordie711 New Member

it did nothing when i tried this
  18. vce2005

Your phone needs to be rooted for the "su" command to work... If not rooted, try several different programs from play store, one of them should work... Just search for "get msl".... Good luck....