• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost mobile going to charge 5 dollars more for android phones...Lets hope Metro stays the way it is

Eddy120876

Android Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2010
Bronx,NY
Hi guys i just wanted to bounce this around here since we are all prepaid users. This new pricing models that are coming out are really messing thins around. I was a Boost Mobile customer and this bites. Lets just hope Metro sticks to their pricing and instead of increasing they decide to decrease their plans.

the beautiful part of this plan, is that every other telco is raising their prices and lowering the goods. Verizon started yesterday with their plan to make "unlimited" a 2G of data and once you go over you have to pay an insane amount for anything extra. Thats why i posted on engadget once "come on guys lets chip in and buy this dumb telcos and dictionary with the word Unlimited highlighted so they can understand what it means"

Upvote 0
the beautiful part of this plan, is that every other telco is raising their prices and lowering the goods. Verizon started yesterday with their plan to make "unlimited" a 2G of data and once you go over you have to pay an insane amount for anything extra. Thats why i posted on engadget once "come on guys lets chip in and buy this dumb telcos and dictionary with the word Unlimited highlighted so they can understand what it means"

Eddy,

This is why I have been on the Metro bandwagon for a long time already. Thats why I have and will continue to support them every month with my dollars. They will change the cell phone industry, it has started happening already!

Reactions: Eddy120876
Upvote 0
Eddy,

This is why I have been on the Metro bandwagon for a long time already. Thats why I have and will continue to support them every month with my dollars. They will change the cell phone industry, it has started happening already!

TRS

i just hope that the telcos pay attention to what Metro is doing and follow suit. if not we will go back to old bill gate slogan "256K modem is fast enough for all" this mentality was the reason why Windows faulted

Upvote 0
metro has you pay extra 10 for android cause they can only be on 50-60 plan

Exactly I used to be on the $40 plan and then I had to upgrade to the $50 so I could use my android smartphone and then the added tax. To people who were on lower plans its disappointing but if you were already on a $50 plan you have nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0
Exactly I used to be on the $40 plan and then I had to upgrade to the $50 so I could use my android smartphone and then the added tax. To people who were on lower plans its disappointing but if you were already on a $50 plan you have nothing to worry about.

Is not just that from Boost little by little they are removing features and adding more to just get the basic. Calling outside the US was part of their 50 buck plans. They removed it for new customers and now you have to pay 10 bucks more. In short they are acting like huge telcos little by little; taking from you more and more feature and nickel and dime you.

Upvote 0
Is not just that from Boost little by little they are removing features and adding more to just get the basic. Calling outside the US was part of their 50 buck plans. They removed it for new customers and now you have to pay 10 bucks more. In short they are acting like huge telcos little by little; taking from you more and more feature and nickel and dime you.

That's why I'd never go with Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile is so much better then them.

Reactions: Eddy120876
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones