• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [GUIDE] Update your prl using QPST

Woodstock77

Android Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2011
You will need QPST software and your MSL/SPC code.
  • First dial *983*87274#on your dialer and choose "only Diag"
  • Now go to your device manager and choose ports and take note of which com port your phone has installed to.

• Now open QPST Configuration.
  • If your phone is listed skip to next step. If your phone isnt listed choose add new port and manually enter the com port number of your phone.
  • Now choose Start Clients at the top and then select Service Programming.

• Once service progamming is open choose your phone and ok.
  • Now click read from phone on the bottom left. Here you will need to enter your MSL/SPC code.

• Now select the Roam tab on the top.
  • Where is says Browse click and find your prl file you want to install to the phone.
  • Now choose Write to Phone and your phone will reboot and give a few errors as it does.

When the phone boots back up go to settings/about phone/status and check your prl to make sure it updated.

Last things dial *983*87274#on your dialer and choose "AT". If you dont your USB wont work like normal.

Hello guys, I'm having issues with this method. My ZTE is rooted and have B08C build number when I'm on this step "Once service progamming is open choose your phone and ok. Now click read from phone on the bottom left. Here you will need to enter your MSL/SPC code." I get an error when I select my phone and hit okay in the QPST program onscreen that reads "Online connection failure: Unspecified error". Also, I noticed that the phone that I see that is my own has a different number in the QPST program..., is there a reason for that?? What might be the issue? If anyone is having this same problem please let me know what you did to fix this problem. As always I appreciate all you guys here on the forum are doing, keep up the phenomenal work!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones