Boost Mobile has now added state tax to fees.........General

Last Updated: 2012-10-18 18:56:30
  1. boost313

boost313 Member

Apparently starting this month Boost has added state taxes to their fees. Here in Ga. they added a .75 cent fee last year. Now with the state tax and the .75 cent we are paying a 7.88% tax for their service. (Regular sales tax here is 6%) Just a heads up if anyone has issues with a reboost card. As my bill is now $43.15 a month.

Advertisement
  2. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

I have been a Boost customer for over 3 years and have always been charged state sales tax when using my credit card to "re-boost." I guess it just depends on the laws for the state you live in. I live in Indiana.
  3. boost313

boost313 Member

Guess it does. As I have been a customer for probably around 5. An have never been charged until this month with no warning of the change. Guess you have to read their terms and conditions more frequently now since they can change them whenever.
  4. trdtan

trdtan Well-Known Member

I too have always paid state sales tax (Florida)
  5. lilrick

lilrick Member

here in Connecticut when i reboost at Radio Shack they always charged me sales tax. oddly when i reboost at my local gas station they only charge $1. making it a total of $56! ive been going to the gas station for months now. screw Radio Shack!
  6. dolfinluvr

dolfinluvr Well-Known Member

If u go to www.wirelessrefill.com they don't charge u taxes at all. If ur bill is 40$ that's all u pay nothing more.
    trdtan likes this.
  7. trdtan

trdtan Well-Known Member

Have you used this website yourself dolfinluvr? Which one is it? Boost Mobile Prepaid Airtime - Reboost or Boost Mobile RTR Instant TopUp?
  8. dolfinluvr

Yes I have I use it every month u can use either one but if u use the rtr you won't have to call in every month with ur code it will just automatically add the air time to ur phone after ur purchase. I haven't had to pay taxes on my bill in over a year now.
  9. dolfinluvr

Oh yeah forgot to mention they're customer service is open 24/7
  10. trdtan

trdtan Well-Known Member

Ok cool thanks