[Boost Mobile] hot spot

Last Updated: 2012-10-26 14:40:42
  1. derrickmd18

derrickmd18 Active Member

i'm rooted but i can't get any oof the hotspot programs to work. any one know one that works with stock rom and rooted? if so what program and setting?

Advertisement
  2. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

I went ahead and moved this to all things root section of our forum. I hope someone here can help you, because I don't tether on my Warp. :eek:

Sorry.
  3. kdraw44

kdraw44 Well-Known Member Contributor

Try "WiFi Tether for Root Users" in the play store
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  4. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

Don't use use the WiFi tether app with the yellow wireless signal, I used that app before and boost mobile somehow found out that I was tethering large amounts of data. I recommend you use PDA net or barnacle WiFi tether. I have the full paid version of PDA net and it works flawlessly.
  5. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

I've tryed PDA net and it uses foxfi to tether I don't know if its noob from or what but it always freezes my phone and bernicle is not on the market so ill look else where but if I find one that works on noob from ill let y'all know
  6. kdraw44

kdraw44 Well-Known Member Contributor

I have been using "wifi tether for root users" for several months now with no problem. If I have large amounts of data to download I try to spread it out over time if possible. But as far as normal use it's great.
  7. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

http://db.tt/USnaqubd <--- barnicle
    http://db.tt/edArSxmV <--- pda net
    pdanet is better off connecting with your data cable. Foxfi is very sluggish and yeah it'll freeze your phone. here's what I do. I connect my pda net first (install exe and drivers) connect to pda and have your Internet connection after that run barnicle and connect to barnicle through your wifi. You'll have a double connection and your computer's Internet Speed will work faster. Although keep in mind that method doesn't work for everyone but it doesn't hurt to try.
  8. yankees5963

yankees5963 Well-Known Member

Yea i used the yellow one last December while setting up a mac, downloaded 2gb...3times so 6gb in a day. luckily no letter from boost. however they weren't worried back then.
  9. alsaces daddy

To pull this thread back from the dead.. Is the yellow wifi for rooted users still able to work and do you have to modify anything like we did on the prevail?
  10. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Well-Known Member

I never had luck with wifi tether for root i use barnacle
  11. alsaces daddy

Is that a wired tether app? I'm trying to let my brother use the computer across the apt.
  12. pamase201

pamase201 Well-Known Member

PDA freezes my phone the yellow tether app doesn't work barnicle don't work either
  13. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator Guide

I'll second that for Barnacle. Great app if you don't mind only being able to broadcast ad-hoc.
  14. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

How do you get other devices to recognize your signal?
  15. mercury0x000d

If you're using Barnacle you're pretty much limited to only PCs connecting to you. Most other devices - even other Android ones - won't be able to connect via an ad-hoc network. If you need other devices to be able to connect to you, you're better off trying the "Tether for Root Users" app. IIRC, it can broadcast in infrastructure mode, which will basically make your phone look like a regular wireless router to just about everything.
  16. alsaces daddy

Back to my question... do you have to adjust any settings in order to make it work? I see a setting for ZTE blade which is reasonably close to our device..
  17. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

I downloaded the green wireless tether for root users but it don't give the option to change to iirc
  18. mercury0x000d

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

That said, there is no IIRC option. As far as I know (figured I better not type "AFAIK" :p) the app always broadcasts in infrastructure mode, so you have nothing to bother with settings-wise on that front.
  19. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

That's the one I been using for a long time. Even when it act's up my laptop still connects!!:D
  20. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

yeah i thank yall for all the info but it seems that my warp just dont wanna do thanks zte for makeing every device the same lol