• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Hroark's Warp Kernel Source

from now on any post that does not have detailed information

WILL BE IGNORED

I want to know what ROM you are on

I want to know what kernel you flashed

I want to know the excat file name of the kernel you flashed

I want to know any steps you have taken to troubleshoot

I want to know if you have tried the same thing on a different rom

If you can not provide this information

Do not bother posting in this thread

Upvote 0
i am running stock b08c and it seems to work fine for me

Is anyone else running stock b08 rom and flashed the 7_no_OC_b08c.zip

if so, are you having headset audio issues when you make a call

Not sure it's a headset issue, I could hear the other caller with and without speaker phone, they couldn't hear me unless I had speaker phone on. If that makes sense at all. I would call it a mic issue.

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0
Not sure it's a headset issue, I could hear the other caller with and without speaker phone, they couldn't hear me unless I had speaker phone on. If that makes sense at all. I would call it a mic issue.

ok, thank you

I have a feeling this may be a common issue

I will need to look into it

has anyone else tested making phone calls, with the kernel

Upvote 0
Ok I just activated my phone

I now have to pay 5 more dollars a month to use this Phone

I am not happy about that

I tested making a phone call and audio worked the way it is suppose to

both headset / mic /speaker

I am on a stock b08c ROM with root

maybe this kernel is only going to work with b08c ROMs

Upvote 0
Ok I just activated my phone

I now have to pay 5 more dollars a month to use this Phone

I am not happy about that

I tested making a phone call and audio worked the way it is suppose to

both headset / mic /speaker

I am on a stock b08c ROM with root

maybe this kernel is only going to work with b08c ROMs

Ill donate to keep ur phone on for testing purposes, im sure others will also. Doing a great job, thanks!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
I'm sorry I really don't want to go through this entire thread to find the answer. If I want to play with the OC for .7 I can just get your source and build it? Or do I need to talk to shinru about the files that were modified?

The OC files are not on my Github, I have Shin's older OC files, but you need to ask him for them, he has newer ones anyway

Upvote 0
Does anyone else's service provider name show up as 111011 on their lock screen? Maybe this has something to do with the signal drops...?

I can honestly say that has never happened to me, i am currently build an OC kernel from the new ZTE source to see if

1. It boots
2. if users experience the same issues they did on the first OC kernels
3. compatibility is any better

Ok i no longer lose signal with wifi on or when waking the phone. However the handset audio doesnt work on the kernel so i will apply hroarks fix and recheck. if i lose signal with wifi enabled then its the audio fix if not then this source would be golden

EDIT: Looks like the camera driver might be screwed up as well, my camera app FC's everytime i open it. Guess it could be my OC files, let me remove a few things and see if it still does it

Upvote 0
It changed from 111011 to boost after I made a phone call.... and then I received about 15 texts that I was expecting hours ago.... is it possible that I'm connecting to data but not getting basic phone functionality?
Edit: another thing I noticed... when not in a phone call my signal strength is -120dbm... but in a phone call it jumps back up to where it should be at around 80-85dbm... I looked under settings>about phone>status to find the signal strength... does anyone else have this problem?
Edit: nvm... scratch the last edit... I found the problem

Upvote 0
I've always used b08b (shinjitsu and b08 before that). I don't know where you can get the update now days and im sure that If I (or you) use the software update tool it'll upgrade to b08c which I don't want to do.

Suprisingly I noticed it seems like ZTE took down their online upgrade tool...idk if 08c is even available anymore aside from our nandroid backups and such lol

Upvote 0
Nice job now i just have) to read how to do it has any one deciedex go make a guide ajd put it in the evsry thimg root thread

Download the .zip file, put it on your SD card, boot into CWM and choose install zip from SD card, find the .zip file on your card and choose it for CWM to install. After the install is complete reboot and you have a new kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones