[Boost Mobile] [Kernel] Glitch Kernel (2.6.35.7) OC. 1.8ghz

Last Updated:

1. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

I usually have problems with OC but this time i havent had a hitch yet. Thank you DTM. You really are a mastermind.

Advertisement
    LilBit likes this.
  2. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Just wait, we are currently benchmarking and testing a new one as we speak
    LilBit and mhannah3333 like this.
  3. downthemachine

Benchmarking done. Scary gave me the best results. Each governor changes the read ahead. I used antutu to compare. I would recommend that everyone tries it yo get an idea of what each one effects
    LilBit likes this.
  4. eisawi99

eisawi99 Well-Known Member

hey DTM Im a newbie at flashing kernals but every time ive tried to flash your kernel (Faster) i brick my phone. I currently have shinjutsu rom 1.5.1 beta 3 installed. can you please help me?
  5. downthemachine

Does it make it past the boot animation?
  6. eisawi99

it makes it past the android but not the boot animation
  7. downthemachine

Clear cache and dalvik. If not it might be a script in the init.d folder causing an issue.

Side note, 1.7 achieved, along with io schedulers, 1.8ghz in testing
  8. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

9. eisawi99

k thanks but it must be the init.d folder because i tried it with two of your kernels anyways im currently testing warp cream sandwich im not sure if i like it even though it can over clock to 1.6 ghz. Oh and whats the maximum stable frequency you can make a kernel for? I would like to try it out.
  10. downthemachine

122 is min stable frequency
    LilBit likes this.
  11. Manodedios

Manodedios Well-Known Member

whats the temp like? I can see 1.4 and 1.6 since the sequent is the exact same processor chip and they are pushing it to 1.4ghz. 1.6 is not out of the realm and some of the triumph users have pushed to 2ghz, with some good success depending on the chip, some are much more resilient than others. what sort of voltages are you using? are you up volting or under volting?

While I am new to Android, I am an old hound when it comes to overclocking Pc's the concepts are similar and im concerned about heat and heat disipation as these phones are not exactly designed to move air. consider also if you have a case, adding a case just insulated the phone and holds the heat in. Most people are going to just update for the latest and greatest without thinking and end up frying thier phone.
  12. downthemachine

Lets just say I hit the wall at 1.9ghz. I don't think the phone can properly regulate voltage at that speed. It gets insane
    LilBit likes this.
  13. kraziejedi

kraziejedi Well-Known Member

thats why we are going through numerous test to push it to its limits.... each speed we reach we not only do a benchmark test but we take it through other test. For me personally i go through high processor using games and apps. We do make sure its safe before release. BTW i also over clock my pc at home and i cant really use a water cooling system with the phone, LOL
  14. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator Guide

Speaking of this, I just thought it was worth mentioning that the official Qualcomm documentation states that our chips are designed to go safely up to 1.4GHz.

That said,

...to hell with official documentation ;)
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  15. Manodedios

Manodedios Well-Known Member

lol on my home PC i am running Dual Corsair H70 one for the processor and one for my video card. I think it would be a good thing to see what voltages the sequent is running as a baseline. I am not trying to be a downer or question the testing but I also want to make this is as safe as possible for the masses. OC is a risk period but I guess you guys are trying to find the safest max vs risk. As I said before you guys know a hell of a lot more than me about Android but processors are processors and the laws of thermodynamics are true regardless of what system your talking about.
    downthemachine likes this.
  16. mercury0x000d

Do your overclocked kernels default to their top speed, or does the end user need to set this with a clocking app?
  17. cartersball

cartersball Well-Known Member

Needs to be set with an app. Default is stock config.
  18. downthemachine

Every time I test its at top speed. But I would recommend an app
    LilBit likes this.
  19. Tigatron

I'm at top speed without an app
    mercury0x000d and LilBit like this.
  20. downthemachine

LilBit likes this.
  21. Tigatron

Go big or go home.

I'm waiting for a stable 1.9
  22. downthemachine

I'll keep testing it, but I've made 5 builds with different voltages goin up and all I get is freezing under load and one friggin hot phone. So like I said before, I think we hit a wall with that.
    LilBit likes this.
  23. Tigatron

Well i just want the fastest. Be it 1.7 or more.

I'm starting to test if the 1.7 works better for me.
  24. mercury0x000d

Heck, I'll gladly take 1.8. An 80% increase over stock? Eff yeah :cool:
  25. downthemachine

Btw I posted a 1.4ghz kernel. This was to compete with the warp sequent. I set up the frequencies similar to stock. But with a max of 1.4ghz.
    Edit:
    I had originally made a naughty comment here about a member of zte here. It was removed because it violated guidelines. So with respect I apologize for misdirecting my frustration at one member when it was honestly directed towards zte. :p
    LilBit likes this.