boost mobile lg marqee tether helpSupport

1. toton40

toton40 New Member

i have a unrooted lg marquee is there any tethering app or method that works easily ive tryed rooting but have bin unsuccessful if anyone could help with that also it would be great to

Advertisement
    :
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

3. phillk6751

phillk6751 Member

4. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

i have checked out your method looks like a one click to me itll work fine. however the method i used would also give him clockwork recovery. this will allow for that always recommended nandroid. this can save alot of grief having a recovery. its only one more click. nice to have an out
    wetbiker7 likes this.
  5. phillk6751

phillk6751 Member

That is true. I didn't worry about it. I just d/l'd Titanium Backup. I got rid of the bloatware like BoostZone and whatnot, and haven't had any problems yet.
  6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Just want to put my 2 cents in. If you plan on modding the phone on a regular basis such as changing ROMs or themes, CWM is must. I really can't stress that enough. I know a pretty good bit about the Android but shit happens sometimes. CWM saved my tail on many occasions. It you ever get stuck in a bootloop and can't get your phone to boot up, you'll be glad that you took the extra time to install CWM.
  7. wachoface

wachoface Member

I have a Boost Marquee. I have it rooted with ctmod and the Unleashed kernal OCing to 1.3 ghz. I figured out the whole "LG hidden menu>settings>data settings>NAI>no" thing to make the wifi hotspot work, but... it won't freaking work and it's real frustrating. It will show up on other devices and they are able to connect to it but those devices aren't able to access the internet. What else is crazy is that all the while, I am able to surf the net on the marquee. I'm wondering if I somehow accidentally set up an ad hoc network and if so, how in the world do I change it to "infrastructure" mode? Thanks.
  8. joeycmb

joeycmb Well-Known Member

foxfi apk works .
  9. joeycmb

To install, on your phone go to foxfi.com or scan the QR code on top of this page, this will bring up FoxFi in Google Play Store.

*Sprint has removed FoxFi from Play Store. Sprint users must install/upgrade FoxFi from http://foxfi.com/bin instead.
  10. joeycmb

^^^^^^^^ tested wifi hotspot doesnt work .... option bluetooth Dun does