• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Project Yoshi

If you just do as i said, swap will run...i am using it now...the apex predator is getting mad

Let me explain this in simple english...you don't have to install busybox since its already there and you don't need swapper because there is a script in init.d that takes care of setting up your swapfile and activating it

Upvote 0
Here is a screen shot. I checked the first. Execute but what all should I check?

Lol well I took a screen. Shot but I can't post it bcuz I can't view any pics. I downloaded quickpic and it won't show pics. Downloaded 3 different camera apps. All of them just have black screens as if I can't access the camera. Anyone else having a similar situation?

Upvote 0
If you are having problems that says alot about your intelligence. Swapper 2 route is an alternative. But remenber y'all the ones having problems

Yes...Swapper2 is an alternative...but nobody else is having problems fixing the permissions on their init.d scripts. Why install an app to do what the rom is designed to do all on its own?

Yes there is more than one copy of busybox...one in bin and one in xbin which is just an alternative to symlinking...as long as they're the same version it really doesn't matter.

Upvote 0
Here is a screen shot. I checked the first. Execute but what all should I check?

Lol well I took a screen. Shot but I can't post it bcuz I can't view any pics. I downloaded quickpic and it won't show pics. Downloaded 3 different camera apps. All of them just have black screens as if I can't access the camera. Anyone else having a similar situation?

Yankees said no camera app installed though camera.apk is still there...i see email.apk is missing so I'm guessing it's the age old issue of camera dependencies on email.apk...prolly should use miui camera...

User should be the only one that needs to be checked...

Reactions: SelfElevated2
Upvote 0
So you're having the same thing? I gotta get some sleep, gotta work in 4 hrs. . Let me know the solution if. You find. One.

And is anyone else not able to turn on Wi-Fi after the ota update? I flashed a different kernel that Wi-Fi worked on and it still won't come on. I'll check here for imput later. Still a really nice rom, I'm just running into little stupid bugs

Upvote 0
No camera apps are working

might be something simple, try restoring the three missing camera sounds from the system/media/auido/ui folder: camera_click_1.ogg, camera_click_2.ogg, camera_click_3.ogg. I ran into that issue when I went to JB system sounds on my ROM. You can pull them from the stock rom or n00b etc.

Upvote 0
might be something simple, try restoring the three missing camera sounds from the system/media/auido/ui folder: camera_click_1.ogg, camera_click_2.ogg, camera_click_3.ogg. I ran into that issue when I went to JB system sounds on my ROM. You can pull them from the stock rom or n00b etc.

FYI MrBobo was absolutely Right, just restore them and the camera will work just fine. Downloaded Camera ICS and its working just fine. Running ROM 1.0.2 Right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones