[Boost Mobile] Project Yoshi

Last Updated:

1. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Yea we all know swap is enabled in the kernel. Nobody. Wants to use swapper, that is old tech. But I'll see what happens when I set the scripts to run. Thanks for letting me know drew

Advertisement
  2. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

Let me explain this in simple english...you don't have to install busybox since its already there and you don't need swapper because there is a script in init.d that takes care of setting up your swapfile and activating it
  3. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

This is true.
    Maybe a screenshot would help explain?
  4. SelfElevated2

Here is a screen shot. I checked the first. Execute but what all should I check?

Lol well I took a screen. Shot but I can't post it bcuz I can't view any pics. I downloaded quickpic and it won't show pics. Downloaded 3 different camera apps. All of them just have black screens as if I can't access the camera. Anyone else having a similar situation?
  5. drewhill77

Yes...Swapper2 is an alternative...but nobody else is having problems fixing the permissions on their init.d scripts. Why install an app to do what the rom is designed to do all on its own?

Yes there is more than one copy of busybox...one in bin and one in xbin which is just an alternative to symlinking...as long as they're the same version it really doesn't matter.
  6. Tigatron

Umm. I fixed mine in about a minute after i found it not working.

Just set the first execute on both and reboot. Simple fix
    SelfElevated2 likes this.
  7. drewhill77

Yankees said no camera app installed though camera.apk is still there...i see email.apk is missing so I'm guessing it's the age old issue of camera dependencies on email.apk...prolly should use miui camera...

User should be the only one that needs to be checked...
    SelfElevated2 likes this.
  8. SelfElevated2

So you're having the same thing? I gotta get some sleep, gotta work in 4 hrs. . Let me know the solution if. You find. One.

And is anyone else not able to turn on Wi-Fi after the ota update? I flashed a different kernel that Wi-Fi worked on and it still won't come on. I'll check here for imput later. Still a really nice rom, I'm just running into little stupid bugs
  9. drewhill77

I'm curious...how did you implement init.d? I can't find it referenced in any .sh or .rc files...
  10. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

Jeez... so many problems already... we will look into fixing everything later today... still alot that needs to be done

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  11. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

Init.d is implemented directly through the kernel... Oc is also completely operational with no loss of ril with wifi, and the swap is also enabled...
    Edit: check back later we probably will have everything fixed up by then

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  12. drewhill77

Lol not that many...and most are easy fixes;). This is a truely excellent rom...and one I'm likely to use till I finish mine...
  13. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Well-Known Member Developer

Project Yoshi looks awesome. Its a grandslam! Great job guys
    kraziejedi likes this.
  14. yankees5963

yankees5963 Well-Known Member

Yea trying to write signatures after being up for 23hours, I think i messed up with the ota. Ill fix, only got 2hours of sleep so idk if imma pass out or not so no timeframe yet haha
    SelfElevated2 and drewhill77 like this.
  15. drewhill77

Lol get sleep...fix later...most issues are fixable on the user side anyway...speaking of which I'm off to bed myself
  16. yankees5963

yankees5963 Well-Known Member

HELL YES! OTA is working now, please download =] if you already downloaded the old one delete that first
  17. kraziejedi

kraziejedi Well-Known Member

We did our best to get this rom on the road. But updates are sure to come with more fixes. LEAST DO THIS!!!!!!
  18. Tigatron

You guys will get everything hammered out.

Glad you fixed the ota
    kraziejedi likes this.
  19. Bone334

Bone334 Well-Known Member

Nice work. Non market apps will not stay selected here.
  20. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

Congratulations you guys for getting this put together!
  21. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks way cool, I will have to give it a try.............
    uknow likes this.
  22. nefcpainter119

nefcpainter119 Well-Known Member

No camera apps are working
  23. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

might be something simple, try restoring the three missing camera sounds from the system/media/auido/ui folder: camera_click_1.ogg, camera_click_2.ogg, camera_click_3.ogg. I ran into that issue when I went to JB system sounds on my ROM. You can pull them from the stock rom or n00b etc.
  24. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

This rom looks great I haven't installed it do to noob VI rom (which is totally awesome)being released at the same time as this one but after all is well and fixed ill give it a run
  25. Konceptz

Konceptz Well-Known Member

FYI MrBobo was absolutely Right, just restore them and the camera will work just fine. Downloaded Camera ICS and its working just fine. Running ROM 1.0.2 Right now.