• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] ALIENWARP v2.0.2 (Update v2.0.3 released)

try ADW launcher from the play store, it's got a bunch of themes and you can customize it to do anything you want!... the bug i was describing wasn't just holo launcher crashing because it would reboot the phone into a loop... the holo launcher always crashes at one point or an other its a shame i loved that launcher but the crashing was too much! :)

I went with your suggestion and so far AWD launcher is working flawlessly. Thanks for the advice :)

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
I tested this rom and found it wonderful but cannot use it as daily because need phone for business and some of these guys hate aliens, but if you update the theme taht remove aliens then I can use it, or something that hide aliens so I would hide aliens at work and unhide after... too complicated? :D

What are you yanking my chain... It's called ALIENWARP!!!... :p

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Stability since the last release -
I tried using the most recent version for 2wks and it would do weird things. Crash, reboot, bootloop, get really hot, etc. I don't think Tigatron really figured it out. Some were saying it was the launcher, but I switched to ADW and it still did the same things. Also, my camera and camcorder icons would just force close all the time. The only way for me to get to the camera was to hold down the camera button.

I don't have a problem with the theming (I think Tigatron had a flash to remove a lot of that stuff anyway).

Upvote 0
Stability since the last release -
I tried using the most recent version for 2wks and it would do weird things. Crash, reboot, bootloop, get really hot, etc. I don't think Tigatron really figured it out. Some were saying it was the launcher, but I switched to ADW and it still did the same things. Also, my camera and camcorder icons would just force close all the time. The only way for me to get to the camera was to hold down the camera button.

I don't have a problem with the theming (I think Tigatron had a flash to remove a lot of that stuff anyway).

Well I'm working on an update and the theme is gonna be preserved because Tigatron really put a lot of work into it iand i think it looks cool but stability is my main focus as well as some other things including the removal of stock camera and holo launcher... also gonna make this rom half data so users can update apps with piece of mind... :)

Upvote 0
I loved this rom from when it first came out. Been my daily driver since then too. But the latest update had my phone sucking up data like it was cool. Downloaded "My Data Manager" and seen that media storage was constantly running! Upwards of 70mb an hour if I let it.
I super wiped my phone then reinstalled the latest rom and update.... was good for a few days then started up again!! I burned thru a gb of data trying to figure out the issue with tig's help but couldn't!!
Finally I flashed Mercy's Warp OEM and have been good since.
So, u might want to see if this is a isolated problem or if others have experienced it too and start with that! Aside from that and holo launcher fc'ing I never had a problem with it!! It was always fast and ran cool! Of course, if I was abusing it with graphic intensive games it would warm up.
I'd love for this rom to be my daily again so if u need testers, hmu!

I also have the Blue Theme Tig put together to get rid of the aliens. Its from back in December, probably the last time he updated it. Let me know if I should get it on my drop box so someone can update it! Thanks!!

Upvote 0
I loved this rom from when it first came out. Been my daily driver since then too. But the latest update had my phone sucking up data like it was cool. Downloaded "My Data Manager" and seen that media storage was constantly running! Upwards of 70mb an hour if I let it.
I super wiped my phone then reinstalled the latest rom and update.... was good for a few days then started up again!! I burned thru a gb of data trying to figure out the issue with tig's help but couldn't!!
Finally I flashed Mercy's Warp OEM and have been good since.
So, u might want to see if this is a isolated problem or if others have experienced it too and start with that! Aside from that and holo launcher fc'ing I never had a problem with it!! It was always fast and ran cool! Of course, if I was abusing it with graphic intensive games it would warm up.
I'd love for this rom to be my daily again so if u need testers, hmu!

I also have the Blue Theme Tig put together to get rid of the aliens. Its from back in December, probably the last time he updated it. Let me know if I should get it on my drop box so someone can update it! Thanks!!
I also had same issues with battery drain and rebooting. I used this rom as daily for a long time, I am glad to see someone picking it up. I would not hesitate to come back to AlienWarp if we could get some of these new mods and tweaks incorperated. We have some of the sharpest devs around.

Upvote 0
I'm on it...won't be long but Alliance has a higher priority should be an other week or so an...d I'll have a new version of ALIENWARP for you folks... on that note, how attached are you guys to the battery icon?

NOT ATTACHED AT ALL..... It's cool b/c it is different, but it can be a little difficult to see. Thanks!!

Upvote 0
Personally, I wouldn't change anything cosmetic about the ROM. I think it all fits together rather nicely.
Now, with that being said... do what you gotta do there, big guy!!

Can't wait to see what changes you make and see how she runs! Thanks for taking over for Tig! This is one of the best ROMS for our Warp IMHO!

as far as cosmetic changes, I was only thinking of the battery icon because I myself don't find it very functional... In fact the first time I loaded the rom on my phone, I was like "wheres the battery meter?!"... ;p... Also I hate boot sounds in general but I might leave it in we'll see...

Upvote 0
as far as cosmetic changes, I was only thinking of the battery icon because I myself don't find it very functional... In fact the first time I loaded the rom on my phone, I was like "wheres the battery meter?!"... ;p... Also I hate boot sounds in general but I might leave it in we'll see...

I personally love the shutdown sound

Upvote 0
I like the battery icon mostly cause its different, but like I said, do what you feel is necessary. As far as the sounds are concerned... they're cool for the first few times you hear them but after that, they get old pretty quickly!

As of right now, Im more concerned with the performance end of the rom. Most importantly, the issues I had from a previous post.

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0

I personally love the shutdown sound

Boot sounds just eat up memory before the phone turns on, IMO:)

The shutdown sound in this Rom is awesome!!
I'm a Trekke:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones