• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] ICON rom V2.0 * released 10/16/12 *

I do not know what that means? I did a back up in cwm? then try to flash and no go? do i un zip on sd before then go in oncwm? I do not know what a nandroid is? I can wait like 3 days for the flash? or tell me how like a 2 yr old please. sorry to bother but loved 1.0

Ok my widdle buddy .. baby steps.

Baby step one. Download the file. This is not a flashable zip.
Baby step two. Unzip the file. You will get a folder with a bunch of files. This is called a nandroid backup.
Baby step three. Place the folder on your sd card. Renember where you put it.
Baby step four. Boot your phone into CWM.
Baby step five. Select wipe data... wipe data
Baby step six. Select wipe cache.... wipe cache
Baby step seven. Select advanced.
Baby step eight. Select wipe dalvik... wipe dalvik
Baby step nine. Select backup and restore
Baby step ten. Select restore
Baby step eleven. Navigate to the folder on your sdcard that you previously unzipped.
Baby step twelve. Reboot your phone when its done restoring.

On a side note .. do you know how to make a backup of your current rom so you can go back in case simething happens?

Upvote 0
Okay. So what I want you to do is extract the zip on your computer, and rename the folder to something like IconRomBackup

With no spaces. Then plug your phone up to your computer and mount USB storage.

Open SD Card > Clockworkmod > Backup > and drag the folder there.

Let it transfer. Give it another minute or two after it transfers, just to be safe.

Reboot into recovery then navigate to backup and restore > IconRomBackup and see if its there. If not...Well...once I get my computer up and running I'll see if I can do a flashable zip file for it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones