• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

My phone hass been freezing frequently and suggestions mr.bobo?

if it's laggy and you haven't installed any apps or restored any data, I would reflash or clear your sd card.

if you have restored apps or data with cwm or titanium, I would recommend a factory data reset after backing everything up.

My guess as I put in my last post about lags is either restored apps/data or something on the sd card making it laggy.

The ROM runs very smooth for me and others so I have to guess it is one of those things.

What ROM did you come from, what have you restored and how apps/data wise and have you done any other tweaks? My phone seems to lag real bad if I use swapper 2 and the swap optioni (this is not on by default, so if you haven't done it it's not there for you)

EDIT: looked at your posting history, do you have the super build prop installed or any other mods like that? was this ROM laggy stock for you too or only after you got it modded etc?

Upvote 0
new kernel coming soon!!! Thanks Downthemachine!

This one will incorporate init.d, I had init.d enabled before but not at boot from the kernel, this is more elegant.

Also down says to stay tuned for more kernel goodies.

VEG3t686

Upvote 0
new kernel coming soon!!! Thanks Downthemachine!

This one will incorporate init.d, I had init.d enabled before but not at boot from the kernel, this is more elegant.

Also down says to stay tuned for more kernel goodies.

VEG3t686

Have three warps. I have to say the team work on this is awesome. The stability is superior. 1 phone froze one time wile playing angry birds. No problems on the other two so I'm guessing it was just a glitch. Ha aha. Great work. Thank you.

Reactions: MrBobo
Upvote 0
I new to rooting and used your flashes to root and install noob IV rom. Which is totally awesome I must say. I have the same problem wit people saying they can't hear me unless I speak up although I don't think it is the rom because I had the same issue when I was stock. Also when I use the power button menu reboot works fine but if I try to use bootloader it shuts the phone off and just leaves the green android guy up and I have to remove the battery and put it back in and boot into bootloader by holding vol up and the power button. but this seems to be the only way that I can go into boot-loader. For some reason my computer will not let me do it and this won't allow me to boot into boot-loader. Just a note to let you know other than that I think this rom ROCKS !

Upvote 0
I new to rooting and used your flashes to root and install noob IV rom. Which is totally awesome I must say. I have the same problem wit people saying they can't hear me unless I speak up although I don't think it is the rom because I had the same issue when I was stock. Also when I use the power button menu reboot works fine but if I try to use bootloader it shuts the phone off and just leaves the green android guy up and I have to remove the battery and put it back in and boot into bootloader by holding vol up and the power button. but this seems to be the only way that I can go into boot-loader. For some reason my computer will not let me do it and this won't allow me to boot into boot-loader. Just a note to let you know other than that I think this rom ROCKS !

Boot loader is ftm mode. Are you trying to get into cwm?

Upvote 0

the green android means you are in bootloader, which is where you do adb fastboot commands from... so to reboot your phone after you are in bootloader you can type fastboot reboot at the command prompt if you have adb installed properly.

to get into cwm, you want to reboot into recovery, which is what I think you are looking for... the menu works fully though, I have tested it and can verify that.

Loudness is just not something this phone was blessed with hardware wise, we can tweak it up a bit, but really you have what you have there, someday we might be able to crank it up a tad, but haven't had a lot of luck yet... you can flash the xloud audio I posted earlier and it seems to bump it a bit but it does distort some music.

Reactions: toast314
Upvote 0
Just to be different, for anyone who wants a sneak peak at the next release, here is an update zip to go to a pre-release of n00b V. I will probably add to this with some minor things, but the guts of the release are included: http://db.tt/UFBRlCzE

please note, this release includes swap, it's automatically set up so you no longer need swapper 2, please disable or remove that app before running this zip.

The zip will not delete data, it's just an update.

Features

new kernel by downthemachine (init.d at boot, new modules)
swap is enabled and setup (thanks downthemachine)
busybox is updated (thanks downthemachine)
new splash screens during boot
apps updated (boat, supersu, holo launcher, google play)
build prop tweaks (thanks mhalloway)

More to come:

I will be creating a full release for newcomers, for now this can be flashed over n00b IV in cwm. Data will stay intact. Note I can't anticipate everything you have done and installed to n00b IV so if you have an issue you may need to either reflash n00b IV and then the update or wipe your data in cwm. But it aught to work for most people with standard apps/data.

I am working on incorporating several other init.d tweaks for system improvements.

Theme tweaks and possibly another color theme.

If anyone wants the old background back it's in the wallpaper zip I put up a while back.

Upvote 0
Just want to say bobo that being different and original is awesome. Definitely my favorite rom. Also definitely by far the most invested dev I've seen. Always helping those who need help , and just for being pretty available for questions ans suggestions. Don't have to wait a week to hear back from you ...
You make my phone happy lol

Reactions: mholloway
Upvote 0
Just want to say bobo that being different and original is awesome. Definitely my favorite rom. Also definitely by far the most invested dev I've seen. Always helping those who need help , and just for being pretty available for questions ans suggestions. Don't have to wait a week to hear back from you ...
You make my phone happy lol

My pleasure, it's a hobby and rewarding working with people like you guys

Upvote 0
So far this rom is badass as expected i wanted to wait for it to be furthin in development before i switched now im on the noobv update and its worth the few changes that i gave up but i am having one slight issue. I cant create some shortcuts to homescreen like for the warp forums for example and it blows lol its happened on my last rom i dont remember how i fixed it tho but awsome job man

Reactions: MrBobo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones