[Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

Last Updated: 2014-02-23 20:46:00
  1. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Advertisement
  2. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

I don't want to overclock my phone, I just want my battery to last longer and have a better experience with my warp, it's not bad but anything to make my warp better with this rom I'm willing to do. I want my warp as happy as aaanadie's lol.
  3. StarScream2109

Well i have an extended battery i do suggest warp users get them they last wayyy longer then the stock battery
  4. MartyMar

I'm looking forward to getting the Galaxy Note, when it comes to T-Mobile next month so I'll hold out buying any batteries or accessories for my warp. I just want the best experience with is rom not that it's bad.
  5. SicFreak

SicFreak The Message is SIC!

the extended battery is well worth the small investment
  6. MartyMar

I'll keep that in mind.
  7. StarScream2109

I purchased mine for 9.98 on ebay :p
  8. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

Let's stay on topic peeps :)
  9. StarScream2109

Just sharing helpful advice but yes back on topic :p
  10. jtcanales

jtcanales Well-Known Member

I like the rom but it made my phone crash had to install the rom that I had before.
  11. esparks004

esparks004 Well-Known Member

Great ROM!!! Nice Work.
  12. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

need more info, how did it crash, was it a bootloop, force close, reboot, error message?

Did it crash with no apps installed straight up or did you have a lot of things added before it crashed?

I want to help but I don't know anything about your setup yet... what was your previous setup? overclock etc?
  13. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Well-Known Member Developer

I'm having a problem getting ninjamorph to work... Anyone know why? Also will uot kitchen work with this rom?
  14. esparks004

esparks004 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tested the OC Kernel with this ROM?
  15. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

uot will kind of work, the framework-res and systemui are still close to stock b08c, so you can get everything to work except the signal icons which you have to rename manually to match the original ones... use the last phone in the dropdown on the left, I can't remember what one that is off the top of my head, upload the two files from the phone and you should be good to go
  16. jtcanales

jtcanales Well-Known Member

I was installing apps and the phone shut down and stay on the android logo.
  17. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

I would download and try again, what rom are you coming from? It could be something on your sd card if you were on b08 with different firmware, my guess is it something on your sd card but I'm just guessing at this point I don't know enough about your phone
  18. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Unless you were restoring from titanium backup and restored system apps, which from stock would not be deodexed. That would cause a boot loop. I did that on shinjitsu 1.0 back in the day
    MrBobo likes this.
  19. aaanadie

aaanadie Well-Known Member

I just installed the rom, then use SetCPU:
    Main:
    245-368, ondemand, set on boot
    Profiles:
    battery > 45C <= 20%, 122-122, powersave, Pri 100, exclusive
    batt > 40C <= 30%, 122-245, conservative, pri 95, exclusive
    batt < 50%, 122-368, conservative, pri 50, exclusive

and using Go Power Master.
    MrBobo likes this.
  20. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

thanks ya'll for sticking with n00b :)

I updated post 3 today to give the downlow on how I put this ROM together, there are flashable zips of different things I did along the way and some good resources/tutorial links. From those you could easily start off on making your own ROM based on some of my work.

I am working on an update, so far just a re-vamp from the ground up now that I know what I am doing a bit more, adding init.d and some scripts for smoothness/speed.
    aaanadie, mholloway and atlharp like this.
  21. mholloway

mholloway Well-Known Member

I wanna say thank you Mr. Bobo for everything you've done.
  22. atlharp

atlharp Well-Known Member

Hey Bobo,

I would look into the Apps2SD GUI thing that Shin had on his ROM. It's Dalvik JIT component was the high point of his ROM and made that thing run loads faster. Thanks again! Still on the ROM and still loving it! :-D
  23. whatajoke

whatajoke Member

Loving this rom no problems so far this rom has become my daily driver every since I couldn't resolve the issue with the wifi killing my cell service on shins rom .here's my question what themes work with this rom just like options colors icons you know just like the option to change need themes to work with xperia home launcher
  24. StarScream2109

Okay so i flashed the stock B08c deodexed but i cant seem to be able to delete files on my sd card or anywhere else
    Edit:just used a different file explorer and it worked wonder why root explorer wont delete tthings :?
    Smoothkaos likes this.
  25. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Only thing I can think of; did you hit the r/w button and make it read only by mistake? o_O