• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

I get lag when going back to my home screen, using the back arrow. Plus ive been getting a lot of lag when using the keyboard. typing is delayed and so on. I'll try to remove loopysmothness and post results.

Got rid of loopy smoothness and lag seems to be mostly gone.

What does it do? is it exactly what its called lol? makes it loopy and smooth?

From what I've read it supposedly speeds up some home launchers and apps, however, I haven't really noticed a difference with it besides the problems I get. LOL I've also read that it can be edited in Root Explorer so, as a whole for all of us, perhaps we just haven't had it setup correctly for our Warps? I've read that you can "lock in" things like whatever launcher you're using and apps like the GO apps and such so they will open very snappy like. One of our ROM developers can probably provide all the insight on that. MrBobo, care to enlighten?

Here is a zip you can flash to remove loopysmoothness. The loopy smoothness tweak will cache the programs you name in memory so there is less lag when you go to use them, it's typical to set it up to keep the launcher, browser, phone, contacts etc. My guess is holo or one of the other apps I had set up in there doesn't like being caught in memory for some reason and is creating lag once in a while...

The zip linked above will simple remove the tweak. I may resurrect it in a later release if I find it to be useful. It's been implemented for a few version now, but apparently something changed, again my guess is it was one of the apps that got updated causing the lag. It shouldn't be a huge difference anyways, it was just a small speed tweak.

Reactions: aaanadie
Upvote 0
I tried this rom out for a couple days, found out how smooth it was and it was using home launcher called holo, so after the couple days I decided to go back to stock and find out exactly if it was gO Launcher causing the reboots and the lockup issues. So after about a week of being on holo launcher I have had not 1 reboot or not a single lock up.

So those using go launcher might want to check into that, because that's all I have removed and have had like I said no lock ups or no reboots whatsoever.

Now that I have figured out it was go launcher I'm going to put back on this rom and play with it a bit. I did have 1 question though, I didn't remember seeing navigation in this rom, did I miss it and it's in there or is it not in this rom? if not can I install it from somewhere?

Thanks goes to Bobo, if not for you I would have never tried your rom and never found the holo home replacement, and solved all my reboot and lock up issues.

I'll wait for reply before a install this rom again. I anxiuosly await your reply.

Upvote 0
I tried this rom out for a couple days, found out how smooth it was and it was using home launcher called holo, so after the couple days I decided to go back to stock and find out exactly if it was gO Launcher causing the reboots and the lockup issues. So after about a week of being on holo launcher I have had not 1 reboot or not a single lock up.

So those using go launcher might want to check into that, because that's all I have removed and have had like I said no lock ups or no reboots whatsoever.

Now that I have figured out it was go launcher I'm going to put back on this rom and play with it a bit. I did have 1 question though, I didn't remember seeing navigation in this rom, did I miss it and it's in there or is it not in this rom? if not can I install it from somewhere?

Thanks goes to Bobo, if not for you I would have never tried your rom and never found the holo home replacement, and solved all my reboot and lock up issues.

I'll wait for reply before a install this rom again. I anxiuosly await your reply.

I can't speak for MrBobo but if you install Google maps it you will get nav.

Upvote 0
I would add the app SD Booster to the ROM.
1.jpg

I already have an 8 gig class 10 SD card so I don't really have any issues with speed with my SD card. Thanks for the advice though.

Upvote 0
Here is a zip you can flash to remove loopysmoothness. The loopy smoothness tweak will cache the programs you name in memory so there is less lag when you go to use them, it's typical to set it up to keep the launcher, browser, phone, contacts etc. My guess is holo or one of the other apps I had set up in there doesn't like being caught in memory for some reason and is creating lag once in a while...

The zip linked above will simple remove the tweak. I may resurrect it in a later release if I find it to be useful. It's been implemented for a few version now, but apparently something changed, again my guess is it was one of the apps that got updated causing the lag. It shouldn't be a huge difference anyways, it was just a small speed tweak.

I actually deleted the file with in /system/etc/init.d2 per you previous post. hope that was still ok to do. or do i still need to flash you file. seems to be better so far. If i experience further issues ill you guys know, but so far so good.

Upvote 0

I didn't include one because it's personal preference, I like google maps and telenav, both free on the play store, or you could install my bloatware zip from post two, it includes maps and other apps I usually instsall.

so I was correct then? This rom does not come with with navigation installed?

I have Google Maps I was just curious is all.

it doesn't come with a navigation app, correct, you have to add one, but as I mentioned they are free on play store

I already have an 8 gig class 10 SD card so I don't really have any issues with speed with my SD card. Thanks for the advice though.

I am not sure why you would need sd booster, I already have read ahead set by a script.

I actually deleted the file with in /system/etc/init.d2 per you previous post. hope that was still ok to do. or do i still need to flash you file. seems to be better so far. If i experience further issues ill you guys know, but so far so good.

that's all my zip does, so you are good to go

Upvote 0
So I installed the stock alarm apk mrbobo provided and set alarms to remind me to take my meds. Well I am only getting alarm sound for a breaf moment ... not even hearing it most of the time. Any ideas

I can take a look into it, in the meantime I would highly recommend using alarmdroid, it's free on the play store and has better functionality than stock. I use that one instead myself and have had no issues with it.

Upvote 0
I can take a look into it, in the meantime I would highly recommend using alarmdroid, it's free on the play store and has better functionality than stock. I use that one instead myself and have had no issues with it.

Alarmdroid here also, works VERY well for me. I also put in the sound pack someone made here as well. Louder stock sounds, and believe me, they are louder. He also added some sounds of his own as a bonus. I like the crowing rooster!! Pisses my neighbor off!!

Upvote 0
Mr Mobo. I left the warp this am for the HTC evo on boost but wanted to give a big thanks to you and all the devs who did so much for warp and made it tolerable lol jk. Good luck guys! I really hope you all get ics on the warp. I'm rooting for you all! (See what I did there? Lol)

Good luck with that phone, stop back once in a while.

Reactions: themaninblk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones