• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

No go on the file deletion and kernal flash guys, same thing, freeze ups, :( I flashed Leviathon OC, same deal, freeze ups, Back to noobV and shes running smooth as before, thankfully, still no home button after, during and before all this flashing. I wanted OC so bad but it is not to be for me:mad: At least for the few minutes I had it I got to see what it was like, and I must say it made a BIG difference:D The OC candy is sweet, and I want it!!!:D Somehow someway I will taste it again.

Upvote 0
No go on the file deletion and kernal flash guys, same thing, freeze ups, :( I flashed Leviathon OC, same deal, freeze ups, Back to noobV and shes running smooth as before, thankfully, still no home button after, during and before all this flashing. I wanted OC so bad but it is not to be for me:mad: At least for the few minutes I had it I got to see what it was like, and I must say it made a BIG difference:D The OC candy is sweet, and I want it!!!:D Somehow someway I will taste it again.

some of our phones can't handle overclocking, mine did the same thing when I tried OC, if I set it any higher than stock it freezes up bad and gets hot, that was way back on shin's rom a long time ago. I think for it to work for us we need to get a new OC kernel, the two that are floating around are hit and miss, some phones seem to run them ok and others like ours just freeze big time anything over 1ghz...

Reactions: atlharp
Upvote 0
Your having wifi issues? Strange I've been fine.
Ya my wifi would go out if my phone was asleep for more than five minutes. But everything else ran great. I tested wifi tether and Bluetooth with no issues. I would still be on the oc kernel but having to reset my wifi just got on my nerves to much. And just for info I was running oc kernel 1.6

Upvote 0
Ya my wifi would go out if my phone was asleep for more than five minutes. But everything else ran great. I tested wifi tether and Bluetooth with no issues. I would still be on the oc kernel but having to reset my wifi just got on my nerves to much. And just for info I was running oc kernel 1.6

Go to advanced settings in wifi menu and change sleep to never

Upvote 0
I can't say why some of you have battery drain or sticky toggle issues, if you want my help, I need you to back everything up to a computer and format your sd card then factory data reset incwm re flash the ROM, flash the loopy smoothness zip to remove that and then with a clean install with no apps added or files on the sd card tell me of the issues persist. We can go from that point to see if it's really the ROM. I realize that takes some work but I can't troubleshoot the issue without a pristine starting point

Did this and it fixed my battery drain issue but didn't fix the whole 3g wifi not working. Everything was fine until earlier today when i needed 3g on and it didn't work. It acted like i was offline. Rebooted and everything worked.

This all started wit hthe loopysmoothness remover so Imma think its that

Upvote 0
I have an update almost ready, it will increase the in-call volume thanks to downthemachine for another updated kernel.

I will also have some minor theme tweaks and a new notification panel port thanks to chev.

EDIT: haha, down and I were on here at the same moment posting... great minds...

Upvote 0
I have an update almost ready, it will increase the in-call volume thanks to downthemachine for another updated kernel.

I will also have some minor theme tweaks and a new notification panel port thanks to chev.

EDIT: haha, down and I were on here at the same moment posting... great minds...

Is the 3g while your on wifi on, fixed... not really a big deal if not lol....;)

Upvote 0
3g isn't supposed to be on while Wi-Fi is on. Only cdma, which allows you to get phone calls while on Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is data connection so 3g cuts off, but you should still have bars next to the Wi-Fi icon.
Well thanks but the problem is, if im on wifi and go out of range, the 3g wont kick back in, have to reboot the phone to get 3g back and not be on wifi.

Upvote 0
I lose bars after about 10 min on wifi and i dont get texts or calls. But i also am using the oc kernal

This is not a common issue so I am not sure what's causing that, I can't reproduce it, anyone else have this particular issue?

Well thanks but the problem is, if im on wifi and go out of range, the 3g wont kick back in, have to reboot the phone to get 3g back and not be on wifi.

This is due to the kernel, it's been an issue since the oc kernel came out, I don't include that kernel on my rom precisely because of that issue.

PS, you can flash update V.I am am posting momentarily to get back to a supported (and improved I might add, louder in call volume) kernel.

Upvote 0
Oh also the oc kernel is not swap supported as of now, so you have no swap either. Anytime you add something as drastic as different kernel( which is technically the brain and Heart of any Rom) it's not a Rom issue because the dev didn't include it bc of the issues it's known to have. It replaces what the dev put into the Rom for stability

Edit: funny I wrote both of these b4 seeing your post. Lol said precisely the same thing. Let me find out Mr bobo is a ninja :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones