• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

So what are you doing ,going back to no int.d tweaks and stock build prop?

In debug build 1, yes. It contains none of the deeper tweaks and mods. It's basically stock with more apps and my sound pack, rooted, deodexed and zipaligned. I don't think there's anything in it that would prevent it from running on almost every Warp out there, but I still need feedback to make sure.

If it checks out for everyone, then it's on to debug build 2, which will contain a few more involved tweaks.

Upvote 0
Debug build 2 has been assembled and available (link added to OP) so guys let me know how it works for you. I need as much feedback as possible to make sure everything's running smoothly. Build 2 takes Debug Build 1 and adds the Warp OEM theming, the throttling fix and init.d support.

Lets see how things go...

Edit: Like its predecessor, Debug Build 2 seems solid. I'm wi-fi tethering as I write this, and everything is running smoothly. I do notice what is perhaps a bit of the wi-fi sleep issue, maybe someone else can confirm.

Edit to the edit: I think the wi-fi sleep issue I thought I was having was just the Task Killer being over-zealous. I terminated it and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. So, on to build 3... and that's where things will get tricky. It will add to #2 the OC kernel and have all the bloatware removed. I saved this for last, since these two steps are most likely to break things. Here goes...

Edit to the edit to the... well, you get the idea :D
Okay, so I built #3 and lo and behold, wi-fi issues. I swapped kernels (1.7 to 1.6GHz) and the issue is solved. This is actually a null change since the 1.7 kernel always maxed out at 1.6GHz anyway, at least on my phone. So I can officially say the wi-fi issues are fixed! And I must give a big thank you to whitefiretiger for recommending the 1.6GHz version of Shin's kernel (which he said he's never had a problem using) over the one I was using. I didn't know there even was a 1.6 version, and had it not been for him suggesting it and providing me with the file from which to extract it, I most likely would've switched to a non-OC kernel. Thanks again. You rock! :rock:

Success at last
five.gif

Now, on to adding all those fancy features like Mr. Bobo and the rest have :)

Upvote 0
Got to say man, very nice, extremely fast, very stable, I will try for a few days, I will let you know, great job man...:shakehands:

Thanks, man :) By the way, which version did you try? I have Debug Build 03 up now, now sure if the link was updated before. Tonight I'll have stable build 41 ready, as well :D Actually, it's already ready... I just have to wait for slow ol' Dropbox to upload it lol

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
WOW very nice, freaking fast man, so whats the differance between debug build 03 and build 41.

Kudos.................;)

Honestly not very much. I think only the new boot screen, really. I was planning to add some of the build.prop tweaks back in, but I don't feel like I've tested them enough yet. Oh well, I can add those into version 1.5 :)

I'll be taking a break from testing out Warp OEM to do some testing of ZTE Nexus by HiredxGunz. When I'm done, I'll start to add the tweaks back in one by one and get them ready for the next release. I think my ROM can be faster still, and I intend to push it to the limits... and maybe a little beyond :D

Upvote 0
Honestly not very much. I think only the new boot screen, really. I was planning to add some of the build.prop tweaks back in, but I don't feel like I've tested them enough yet. Oh well, I can add those into version 1.5 :)

I'll be taking a break from testing out Warp OEM to do some testing of ZTE Nexus by HiredxGunz. When I'm done, I'll start to add the tweaks back in one by one and get them ready for the next release. I think my ROM can be faster still, and I intend to push it to the limits... and maybe a little beyond :D

Sounds very cool, i do have one concern tho, running it at 1.6 isnt going to fry my processor lol, other than that this very sweet and very stable rom and I really like FTL Launcher.;)

Upvote 0
hey, don't know if you figured this out for quickpic (and other apps you move to system) but quickpic has a lib file it needs... when you install it from play it puts that needed lib file in the quickpic folder under /data/data/(quickpic folder)/lib

can't remember what the quickpic folder is called in there at the moment.

Just copy any files in the lib folder to the /system/lib folder and quickpic will work once you move it from /data/app to /system/app

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
hey, don't know if you figured this out for quickpic (and other apps you move to system) but quickpic has a lib file it needs... when you install it from play it puts that needed lib file in the quickpic folder under /data/data/(quickpic folder)/lib

can't remember what the quickpic folder is called in there at the moment.

Just copy any files in the lib folder to the /system/lib folder and quickpic will work once you move it from /data/app to /system/app

Thank you sir.....;)

Upvote 0
Sounds very cool, i do have one concern tho, running it at 1.6 isnt going to fry my processor lol, other than that this very sweet and very stable rom and I really like FTL Launcher.;)

In all honesty, I ran the 1.7GHz version (which topped out at 1.6 anyway, so it's pretty much the same thing) for months during my testing. The only time the phone got hot was during tethering, but it never did a thermal shutdown due to this. It's worth noting that I left the governor set to OnDemand during testing, so it's not like the processor was running at top speed all the time and therefore things stayed pretty cool :)

Upvote 0
In all honesty, I ran the 1.7GHz version (which topped out at 1.6 anyway, so it's pretty much the same thing) for months during my testing. The only time the phone got hot was during tethering, but it never did a thermal shutdown due to this. It's worth noting that I left the governor set to OnDemand during testing, so it's not like the processor was running at top speed all the time and therefore things stayed pretty cool :)

Cool man i was just curious lol, think I may go back to the build 2 tho, font size is a little to small for this old mans eyes, been running it all day today and not a burp lol, thanks again for the hard work on this one, fantastic rom dude......:D:beer:

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
I wanted to try this Rom but can't seem to get a solid download.
"build 41" gets stuck at ZTE Warp screen. have to pull battery.
"debug build 03" shows file size @ "115mb" and stops Downloading @ "72.1mb" is the file 72 or 115 Mb? Thanks for any useful advice.

Hmm... has anyone else had this issue with build 41? If so, maybe I messed something up :eek:

So far as the file size, it is in fact 115MB (117,824 KB to be precise) so hopefully that helps narrow things down. Did you try any of the other debug builds?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones