• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

So which file do I need to down load and is it like noob v where there's no root needed? I want to try this one out

Right now the current version is build 41. Build 42 has been assembled, but I'm still testing it out before making it available.

You will need root and CWM (use the Install from zip option) for this ROM. Unfortunately I haven't gotten some of the cooler features in it yet, so no stock flash is available at this point.

And thanks for testing! :) Let me know how it works for you.

Upvote 0
Here I am, waiting for Dropbox to upload my file, so I figured I'd give a little info about things while I wait.

First off, thank you to everyone who's tried my ROM. There are tons of ROMs out there you could run, but you took the time to run mine. Thank you. This means a lot to me :)

Second, I changed the version numbering scheme for Warp OEM. Instead of doing build numbers, I'll be changing the version number now. I changed all the existing version numbers to reflect this.

Third, due to the large number of downloadable versions of Warp OEM there has been some understandable confusion among users as to what they should be downloading. I'll be updating the OP to clarify this, but I'll summarize it here. The stable builds are the main, current version of Warp OEM. If you'd like to try out my ROM, you should download the highest version number under this category. If you do so, and something fails miserably/crashes and burns/hangs/bootloops/forgets to do the dishes/gives you a cold/causes drowsiness, coughing, rash or sometimes even death (lol) or any other medical or non-medical mishap, then (and only then - the debug builds are not meant to be "daily drivers") you should see what the highest debug build version is that you can successfully run. Whatever that number is, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Fourth, in all versions of my ROM, /data was not supposed to be being touched at all. Upon reviewing the updater-script, I think this might not have been the case. I guess these are the things you don't notice when you do your testing on your own device :p In version 1.42 this issue should finally be fixed. Also fixed is the QuickPic closing issue, and the ads are removed from Root Browser. We also have some build.prop tweaks added back in, so... yay!

Thanks again, everyone, and enjoy Warp OEM 1.42!

Upvote 0
Okay, after getting feedback from all you wonderful testers out there (thanks :) ) and getting some info from Dm47021 in reference to the topic, I've decided to officially incorporate MHolloway's SuperPhone III into the next build of WarpOEM. Hopefully this will weed out the last remaining annoyances from the ROM. Version 1.45 should be out this weekend, provided all goes well.

Reactions: Dm47021 and Doc
Upvote 0
Okay, after getting feedback from all you wonderful testers out there (thanks :) ) and getting some info from Dm47021 in reference to the topic, I've decided to officially incorporate MHolloway's SuperPhone III into the next build of WarpOEM. Hopefully this will weed out the last remaining annoyances from the ROM. Version 1.45 should be out this weekend, provided all goes well.

Cant wait.............

Upvote 0
Hi, rememver when i said that ur rom wont boot on my phone? now with ur lastest version it worked... but after maybe 1 or 2 min of usage my phone freese and i got to remove the batery... cant wait till its gonna be workin beacause ur rom look so nice and useful

Have you tried my debug builds? Try installing them in order, and see what the highest numbered one is you can run. That'll help me figure out exactly where things are breaking down for you... although I have a sneaking suspicion already where the trouble lies.

Upvote 0
Okay, all, time for a little status update. I've gotten the latest release built with the new hybrid build.prop, which incorporates mholloway's Super Phone III. Everything works fine, except the camera and camcorder are unresponsive. One of these d*#% tweaks is apparently to blame. I've spent most of my weekend working on this, and it will get fixed, but unfortunately what this means for you all is that there will be no release for this weekend. I apologize, I know several of you were looking forward to 1.45, but I never have released software with severe known bugs before and I have no intention of starting now. As soon as I get the new hybrid working properly, I'll upload as soon as possible.

Upvote 0
Update:

In other news, I tested out 1.42 on my phone and I have the camera issue on it as well... about to see if the issue goes further back than 1.42. If anyone gets a chance to try the older versions before me, please let me know your results.

Also, I added installation instructions to the OP. Hope that helps everyone! :)

And I updated the changelog to show even more stuff that'll be rolled into the next release.

/Update

Upvote 0
nice rom ..but i installed it 3 times and couldn't het the camera to work ..

Yeah... it's a known issue (more like recently discovered issue, lol) of versions 1.41 and 1.42. I'm pretty sure I have the fix, but due to being short on time I haven't gotten to implement it yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones