• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

...and about four hours of dev work later, it's finally time for another sitting-here-waiting-for-my-dropbox-to-sync update!

First off, my apologies for the long delay in getting this one out. The good news is all the more serious issues that Warp OEM had are fixed! In fact, I was just pulling a Dropbox upload while I browsed Google while having full data signal, so WiFi appears to be working well, too. Also, the camcorder and camera actually do what they're supposed to now... imagine that! lol All the apps (like 20 of them!) got an update so enjoy the new Google Maps and YouTube! I also added some new apps, so enjoy!

Hmm... I think that about covers it.

So, testers, you know what this means... bug squashing time :)

Upvote 0
Okay, all, time for a little status update. I've gotten the latest release built with the new hybrid build.prop, which incorporates mholloway's Super Phone III. Everything works fine, except the camera and camcorder are unresponsive. One of these d*#% tweaks is apparently to blame. I've spent most of my weekend working on this, and it will get fixed, but unfortunately what this means for you all is that there will be no release for this weekend. I apologize, I know several of you were looking forward to 1.45, but I never have released software with severe known bugs before and I have no intention of starting now. As soon as I get the new hybrid working properly, I'll upload as soon as possible.

You should try camera ICS+, ive never had any issues with it, if you need it, i can send you the apk, or you can pull it from one of my roms, its just camera.apk

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
You should try camera ICS+, ive never had any issues with it, if you need it, i can send you the apk, or you can pull it from one of my roms, its just camera.apk

Well, I finally got the camera issue worked out, but I may try this anyway. Always on the lookout for new and better apps to add :)

Upvote 0
I have a question for you guys. Is everyone happy with the apps I bundled in Warp OEM, or do you think I should cut down on them? I could even put them in their own folder and let the end users decide what gets installed and what gets erased.

Post here, PM me, or whatever... let me know what you think!

Upvote 0
One quick question. I have 1.50 what dothe. Debuggers do? And which one would I use?thanks

The debug versions are only for if you are having problems with the mainstream version. I have different levels of tweaks in each one, and knowing what the highest debug version you are able to successfully run can help me figure out what the issue is if you have problems.

Does Titaium back up pro work with this rom? I have rom toolbox pro, not too happy with it. Tbu installs but. Won't laaunnch. Sorry, big finger typing

Yes, Titanium works just fine. I use it myself, and have zero issues with it.

Upvote 0
I hate to do this. But I think it would be in the best interest of the project if I closed it down temporarily for a bit. My spare time has been dwindling more and more and as I look over the version history of WarpOEM, I'm seeing that my lack of extra time is showing in my releases. This isn't the kind of product I want to put out, and it's not fair to you, the users, either.

I will continue periodically visiting the forum, and therefore will still be here to answer questions on the ROM and steer people in the right direction if I can.

To everyone who took WarpOEM for a test drive, I say a very sincere thank you.

So until I get things a little more together, and a little more things ironed out... this will be the end of WarpOEM's regular updates.

...for now. ;)

Upvote 0
Well, I've owned a number of phones and ended with the Warp. I just needed a phone at the time. I rooted it 30 minutes after opening the package. I went on the hunt for a Rom that was comfortable for me and my lifestyle. After leaving Stock I wanted to get back just so everything will work without much hassle. This Rom is BRILLIANT.....this Rom has intelligently responded to everything I threw at it, and just sit there waiting for my next commands. Dude, this is what phoning is all about. Efficient apps, actions that duplicate your thoughts, I'm telling you....I am blown away. You've paralleled Stock with working knowledge that makes this a premium product. I am now satisfied with my phone and will not stop to look for your return. Many thanks to you.

Upvote 0
Well, I've owned a number of phones and ended with the Warp. I just needed a phone at the time. I rooted it 30 minutes after opening the package. I went on the hunt for a Rom that was comfortable for me and my lifestyle. After leaving Stock I wanted to get back just so everything will work without much hassle. This Rom is BRILLIANT.....this Rom has intelligently responded to everything I threw at it, and just sit there waiting for my next commands. Dude, this is what phoning is all about. Efficient apps, actions that duplicate your thoughts, I'm telling you....I am blown away. You've paralleled Stock with working knowledge that makes this a premium product. I am now satisfied with my phone and will not stop to look for your return. Many thanks to you.

Wow... What can I say? :) I'm so glad you not only liked my ROM enough to try, but have made it your main ROM. That says a lot to me as a developer. It's people like you who inspire the devs here to do the work they do, and the transformation brought to the platform because of it makes everything worthwhile. When designing WarpOEM, I set out to achieve exactly the effect you mention, namely making users happy with the hardware they've purchased and making it just work - without all the hassle. I mean, the Warp is not a bad phone! It's just that out of the box, it leaves a little to be desired... like ZTE had a great thing going, but didn't polish the edges. That's where I wanted WarpOEM to shine: being polished and refined to make the Warp what it always should have been. And it does me a world of good to hear that for at least one user I've accomplished just that.

Thank you for your kind words... comments like this make it hard to stay away from developing :D

Reactions: sb43
Upvote 0
Hmm... I'll have to look into this. I have lots of things planned for the next release, if I only had more free time :-(
I'm having same issue with volume. I:) agree with other users, this rom IS THA BOMB!! I love simplicity. I flashed the test build of DTM's 1.8 oc kernal and it runs smooth as silk, even with the (secret lol) remove fps cap hack. I am really impressed. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the time and effort you have provided.

Upvote 0
I'm having same issue with volume. I:) agree with other users, this rom IS THA BOMB!! I love simplicity. I flashed the test build of DTM's 1.8 oc kernal and it runs smooth as silk, even with the (secret lol) remove fps cap hack. I am really impressed. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the time and effort you have provided.

Thank you! I'm working on a volume fix as well as several other goodies. A new kernel is just one of them :)

Reactions: kdraw44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones