• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

Hi. I really love this Rom. You've done an excellent job. Super speedy and stable, it's performance on my phone leaves the others in the dust. I've run into one issue though and I wanted to let the developer know. I have to sometimes force EVDO because when at home I flip between networks like crazy. With this Rom when I go to change the mobile network setting I get the following FC: The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. This happens every time. That is the only problem so far. Everything else is smooth as butter~
Oh any chance you could consider changing the battery icon? It just looks a bit clunky up there.

Upvote 0
Hi. I really love this Rom. You've done an excellent job. Super speedy and stable, it's performance on my phone leaves the others in the dust. I've run into one issue though and I wanted to let the developer know. I have to sometimes force EVDO because when at home I flip between networks like crazy. With this Rom when I go to change the mobile network setting I get the following FC: The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. This happens every time. That is the only problem so far. Everything else is smooth as butter~
Oh any chance you could consider changing the battery icon? It just looks a bit clunky up there.

Thank you! With the issue you're having, could you do me a favor? Try the three debug versions, and see what the highest version is you can run without having this issue and let me know the results. I'm in the process of squashing several bugs for the next version, but I'll need a little more info on this one before I can start examining things. So far as the battery icon, what did you have in mind?

Upvote 0
You're welcome. I can do that, no problem. Would all I have to do is backup my current rom and then wipe and load the other?
As far as the battery icon, perhaps an icon that is more narrow with a horizontal charging indicator? Nothing too flashy though, lol. Some roms have some far out battery icons.
Also have you thought of removing the am/pm indicator on the clock? I know some roms have it and some don't. I think the status bar looks cleaner when it's just the numeric value and it would free up a bit of real estate up there.
Thanks again. I will let you know about the debugging builds and post back here.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. I can do that, no problem. Would all I have to do is backup my current rom and then wipe and load the other?
Yes.

As far as the battery icon, perhaps an icon that is more narrow with a horizontal charging indicator? Nothing too flashy though, lol.
You're talking about the one in the status bar? It's already horizontal, isn't it? I know the one on the lock screen is vertical; that could be changed.

Some roms have some far out battery icons.
Tell me about it! lol

Also have you thought of removing the am/pm indicator on the clock? I know some roms have it and some don't. I think the status bar looks cleaner when it's just the numeric value and it would free up a bit of real estate up there.
Personally, I like the AM/PM indicator. But that's just me. I do agree it would be nice to have more room in the status bar, though. Hmm... maybe I need to release different themes :)

Thanks again. I will let you know about the debugging builds and post back here.
Thanks for your help, I need all the real-world testing I can get :)

Upvote 0
For the battery icon, you COULD try UOT kitchen...Or make sure that all the battery icons in SystemUI and framework-res match. If they are different...it could be off on the lock screen. I had an issue with WarpShark where i forgot to change a few icons...Then I had them reversed...so full service was a no service bar and etc....

Upvote 0
For the battery icon, you COULD try UOT kitchen...Or make sure that all the battery icons in SystemUI and framework-res match. If they are different...it could be off on the lock screen. I had an issue with WarpShark where i forgot to change a few icons...Then I had them reversed...so full service was a no service bar and etc....

The icon already came from UOT lol But I could try something different. I've been considering doing all original icons for the next version anyway :)

Upvote 0
The icon already came from UOT lol But I could try something different. I've been considering doing all original icons for the next version anyway :)

I'd suggest GIMP if you're just going to re-color them. Can't say I have talent MAKING images from scratch, but...

Gimp has a colorize option, which is amazing. Choose color > Colorize > Save. It's nice. There's a batch script somewhere out there, too....So you could do 20 or so at a time. Don't try to do 700 like me...my computer died and was like "Eff you."

Upvote 0
I'd suggest GIMP if you're just going to re-color them. Can't say I have talent MAKING images from scratch, but...

Gimp has a colorize option, which is amazing. Choose color > Colorize > Save. It's nice. There's a batch script somewhere out there, too....So you could do 20 or so at a time. Don't try to do 700 like me...my computer died and was like "Eff you."

Lol! I just recovered from an "eff you" moment with my own PC. One of my hard drives went out; thankfully it was only the system partition and nothing important lol

Upvote 0
So I dunno if my issue still applies, but the debug 1 solved my problems. My apologies for taking a bit, was out of town for a few days.

Hey, no problem! So debug 1 is the highest you can go without encountering the issue? Hmm... I'll have to add that into my bug list. Thanks for your feedback!

Upvote 0
IMG_2012120819208.jpg yes!

Upvote 0
link for Warp OEM 1.50 ? :questionmark:

Oops! I did some editing of the main post recently and I guess something happened to the links. All fixed now :)

If you flash the Alien Kernel atop WOEM 1.50, this flashable build.prop will make everything play nice together. For best results, flash WOEM 1.5 first, then the Alien Kernel, then this build.prop last.

The next release will have the Alien Kernel built in, so this won't be necessary for versions 1.55 and up.

Reactions: sb43 and aaanadie
Upvote 0
Man- I really wanted this one to work!

The first time I flashed it, everything was fine, except for some reason my data speeds went down to 1X with sparse bars from full 3g. I don't know why as we cannot achieve S-OFF and so there she be no difference in radio. Right? My wifi was working fine in conjunction with my 3g too. Some of the icons were screwy looking (boat was replaced with the standard "missing icon" icon.

I flashed back to my stock rom.

I decided to give it another go. This time I flashed the rom, the alien kernel and the update (build prop) for alien. I turn it on. Everything looked the way it was supposed to. But this time I was having issues not only with data speeds, but also with wifi not turning on even when checked (I had even fixed permissions). And the alien kernel did not seem to be present in phone info, just the standard build number.

I don't think any of the changes I had were because of the kernel as when I installed it over stock rom everything worked fine.
:(

I will try the debug builds too and let you know from there!

There are a couple of other suggestions I have (looks), but i will save them for after I get this situation figured out. It sounds like an awesome rom, I hope I get to use it!

Upvote 0
Hey, first off let me say sorry about the troubles you're having on it! Let me see what I can do for you.

The first time I flashed it, everything was fine, except for some reason my data speeds went down to 1X with sparse bars from full 3g. I don't know why as we cannot achieve S-OFF and so there she be no difference in radio. Right? My wifi was working fine in conjunction with my 3g too.
This could be a build.prop issue. Although there should be no difference in radio from ROM to ROM, some of the speed tweaks can affect how the hardware is used; maybe that's what you're experiencing. Soon I'll put up a flashable stock build.prop with only one or two very basic tweaks to see if that fixes anything for you.

Some of the icons were screwy looking (boat was replaced with the standard "missing icon" icon.
I believe this is a side effect of my installer not touching /data. I'm working on changing that for version 1.55, so that everything works together much better.

I decided to give it another go. This time I flashed the rom, the alien kernel and the update (build prop) for alien. I turn it on. Everything looked the way it was supposed to. But this time I was having issues not only with data speeds, but also with wifi not turning on even when checked (I had even fixed permissions).
I'm still thinking this is a build.prop problem. I'll get that flashable up soon and we'll see how that works :)

And the alien kernel did not seem to be present in phone info, just the standard build number.
That's normal. The build.prop I made for the ROM puts the ROM name in the place where "Alien kernel owns you." used to appear. But since you flashed it, it definitely will be present, there's just no visible way to verify it.

I don't think any of the changes I had were because of the kernel as when I installed it over stock rom everything worked fine.
No, I agree. If stock is working fine for you, it's most likely something in WOEM doing it, and really the only point where this could happen is in the build.prop which I'm working on.

I will try the debug builds too and let you know from there!
There are a couple of other suggestions I have (looks), but i will save them for after I get this situation figured out. It sounds like an awesome rom, I hope I get to use it!
Thanks! I'll be looking forward to your feedback on the debug builds. Also, the next major version (2.00) is going to be a leap forward compared to the 1.xx series, which will include a fully re-themed UI. So I'll be eager to hear your feedback on that too! :)

Upvote 0
Another new version is available... it's time for another update!

Version 1.55 isn't a groundbreaking release, but it includes several new tweaks, such as the Alien 3.0 kernel (thanks DM47021!) and updated apps, including the ICS camera. This release also marks the first to come in two parts. Most of the bloatware apps have been cordoned off into their own .zip, available in the downloads section, which you can flash after the ROM itself to add in all the extraneous apps which for many users only serve to bloat the system with things they don't use. The ROM proper now includes only the basic apps. My general rule for deciding what went where was: if I added it to replace a stock system app, then it's in the ROM. Otherwise, it's in the apps add on pack.

Overall, this is the fastest version available yet, and should prove plenty adequate to hold everyone over until the release of 2.0 later this year.

Enjoy! :)

Reactions: aaanadie
Upvote 0
In light of the new B10G firmware update, I figured there's no better time to start working on the next step in Warp OEM development!

The bad news first... the 1.xx series is officially discontinued and will no longer be supported. All the old versions are still available, and I'll still be here to happily answer questions on it if I can, but further updates or extra flashables or fixes just aren't going to happen... I simply don't have the time.

Now for the good news! Development of 2.00 is underway and most of the basics are already in place. So far it's running with typical speed, lightweight and responsive. All the usual apps and things are there as you've come to expect in WOEM. I've trimmed bloat wherever possible and incorporated several new features which have been a long time coming, such as the flashlight fix, integrated ad-blocking and storage auto-mount as soon as you connect to your PC.

I'm a big fan of what has been called the "open development model" and I will be using it. This is the first of the regular updates I'll be posting while I do my work on this and get feedback from the testers.

With most of the ROM functioning, my next step is to begin integrating the extended power menu into B10G. I believe I'm the first to attempt this (unless Mr. Bobo's already started lol) so here goes... :D

Reactions: aaanadie
Upvote 0
Perhaps I was a little ambitious when adding everything to the power menu. I'm adding the reboot, recovery and screenshot options. I get both files modified, go to compile, and there's an error. I've narrowed it down to the three lines in public.xml beginning with <public type="drawable" but can't figure out what's wrong with them. All I know is that when they're removed, it compiles fine. Go figure.

Yes, yes, I know it's not good programming practice to add in multiple things at once. But I was excited! *sigh*

Oh, well. It's 7AM. Time for bed I guess...

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
You know, unfinished development issues make it difficult to sleep...

So I tried a few more things and figured it out. I didn't have an icon in the drawables folder to match the definition in the xml. Now compiles fine :D

About to test now...

Edit: The good news... it reboots! The bad news... it does it every time you hit the power button and doesn't even show the menu. But I think I know why. In my debugging efforts, I changed the ID numbers around to eliminate the possibility of duplicates and I think I forgot to change them accordingly in the other locations.

But it compiled! And booted! And I'm happy with that amount of progress for now, so I'm going to bed.

...and I mean it this time. :p

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones