• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Windows Phone 7 ROM 4.2.3 {Updated 1/22/13}

Are you even rooted?? do you have the custom made CWM for the Warp on your phone?

Yes yes duh I'm not stupid... The only problem is that I can't access my recovery screen through rom manager,quick boot,or even manually.It gets stuck in the logo. Can't restore my settings because I can't access recovery screen,nor can I start from scratch because I can't do anything without accessing that one damned screen.

Upvote 0
Yes yes duh I'm not stupid... The only problem is that I can't access my recovery screen through rom manager,quick boot,or even manually.It gets stuck in the logo. Can't restore my settings because I can't access recovery screen,nor can I start from scratch because I can't do anything without accessing that one damned screen.

You must be doing something wrong then, You installed CWM with this right CWM for Warp???

Upvote 0
sound like hes trying to use the rom manager app, i would scratch that
power the phone off press volume up and power then your in cwm
then follow chev's directions

Mmhh..This is getting frustrating,like I said I can't access recovery screen MANUALLY either (Power+volume button), it just gets stuck at the logo, nothing happens. I have to take the battery out to get it off the screen. Booting up the phone works just like normal.

You must be doing something wrong then, You installed CWM with this right CWM for Warp???

Yussss....Is there any way to access recovery screen through my pc?

Edit: After doing some digging, I know where I went wrong. I tried to backup my current rom with rom manager, which ended up in getting in the same frozen logo screen as I am stuck with now. Just gotta find a way around this
Edit: Fixed with running the cmw instalador.bat again, which got me to tha screen. Rom still not working tho

Upvote 0
Yes do you have adb shell installed on your pc??? if so open terminal and then type the following

Code:
adb shell
su
reboot recovery

make sure usb debuging is on and plug in your phone to your pc before starting the code

Yeh well in case u didn't see my earlier post's edits, I managed to fix it. And I sort of feel like giving up now cuz it's getting late here and I gotta wake up in 6 hours... Thx for the help, I'll make sure to point everyone here that are looking for a wp7 rom. Too bad it didn't work for me.

Upvote 0
Yeh well in case u didn't see my earlier post's edits, I managed to fix it. And I sort of feel like giving up now cuz it's getting late here and I gotta wake up in 6 hours... Thx for the help, I'll make sure to point everyone here that are looking for a wp7 rom. Too bad it didn't work for me.

Why dont you try version 2.2.2 i just uploaded it today but read the instructions to install it in the OP they were changed today.

Reactions: prmax
Upvote 0
Using WP7.romVer2.2.2 with no problem since 04/12/12, but just a few mins ago got a self reboot, my Warp was resting on the desk, doing nothing, screen off, 88% battery, then I heard the boost mobile boot sound and phone got frozen, got cover off and pressed hard reset button, normal boot and I cannot find anything wrong, tested everything I could, don't know waht to thing.
Someone else having that weird thing ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones