[Boost Mobile] Roms?

Last Updated: 2013-10-01 02:13:51
  1. HiiiPowers

HiiiPowers Well-Known Member

Anyone flash any Roms yet because I want to have a list of Roms that where flashed so others will know what's already tested and good to use

I'm downloading miui for sprint gs3 and I'll report back to let you know how everything's going

Advertisement
  2. Stlouizsin

Stlouizsin Well-Known Member

Odexed Blue (Holy Grail 3.7) works and LiquidSmooth 2.5.

I would like to try Slimbean 6.5.
  3. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

is mms and internet 3g/4g working?
  4. HiiiPowers

Good I'm going to go and try that because miui didn't even boot
  5. HiiiPowers

I also tried agats kernel it boots just no 3g or 4g
    kevindroid likes this.
  6. HiiiPowers

Can you link to holy grail
    And link to liquid smooth because I downloaded the newest one and it didn't let me flash it
  7. Stlouizsin

8. HiiiPowers

9. Stlouizsin

I installed Twrp 2.5 and rooted my device using the Sprint SG3 Toolkit.
  10. HiiiPowers

I'll just do Mine's through Odin.
  11. HiiiPowers

I used the root method on this form so maybe that's my problem because I have twrp and still can't install it it says something about su binary on twrp

Also I have only been able to flash the miui v5 and v4 everything works expect camera and on the Odexed touchwiz my 3g never connected
  12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Twrp doesn't need su

Its telling you the ROM you have installed isn't rooted
  13. HiiiPowers

That's what I thought about twrp
    Oh..so I can't install cm 10.1 or liquid smooth so I'm confused they aren't rooted do you know of a way to fix this
  14. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I havent read the majority of this thread, but if you can't flash a ROM its probably a bad download
  15. HiiiPowers

No I'm sure it's not that I downloaded and tried multiple times idk it's really getting to me because I'm not new to rooting or flashing and it's bothering me so bad because I can't figure out what's wrong I think our system may be set up different that's why the camera didn't work on miui and why it wouldn't let me install those roms and also why the touchwiz rom installed but I had no 3g or 4g
  16. kevindroid

the touchwiz rom is for sprint and the 3g/4g sounds like its a different modem or your apn settings
  17. HiiiPowers

All the roms we flash are for sprint we have the sprint version of the gs3 so thats why im confused about the not being able to flash certain roms and camera not connecting on miui and I'm sure it is an apn thing with the 3g and 4g and btw hyperdrive and mibox works just the 3g and 4g and funny acting i've actually seen it switch to 1x and 3g no 4g Icon but data works
  18. kevindroid

yes you are correct. this is the same with the s2. there was a zip we could flash or we could edit or apns. non touchwiz roms sometimes have kinks. the marquee had big problems with camera on the aosp roms. ive been reading looking for the answer.
  19. nycgen82

nycgen82 Member

Goodness Rom works fine. That is what i am currently running on my GS3. Here is a link to video and download. If you are having issues with data connection you have to get your MSL and change your APN settings. Most roms that i have tested that run on 4.1.2 work fine.

Goodness Reborn ROM for Galaxy S3! - YouTube
  20. The informant

The informant Well-Known Member

I had the same problem but I came across this. I was able to flash it normally
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2318540
  21. zzgtp99

zzgtp99 Member

Ok,we can use sprint roms,but 3g will work and mms will work after you change your apns. The 4g wont work because of buildprop and modem. Our phones dont ping right for the 4g recognition. We need a dev to work on our device. Ive peeked at the Virgin Mobile forum and they already have a dev working on their device,cm'on show us some love.;)
    The informant likes this.
  22. HiiiPowers

Yeah I kinda figured that's the position where in I knew that these where the problem as we discussed earlier but I do really hope we get a dev soon I believe we will we just have to wait because not everyone has the money to buy the phone so I guess we'll just be waiting for a while
    The informant likes this.
  23. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yup! TDM and the guys have been trying to get the Marquee camera working on aosp ROMs for quite awhile now. Well over a year. Still, his AOKP ROM ran good despite the camera issue.

So Kevin, what ROMs have you tried so far for the S3? Anything that's fully functional?
  24. kevindroid

im running stock ive heard dandroid and moar roms are fully functional. dan droid has a piggyback apn flash by the roms developer
    wyelkins and wetbiker7 like this.