• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Root after B08c update (should also work on earlier builds)

Before I start this headache of a process, I just want to know if this will allow me to use my warp as a hotspot. If not I won't even bother. I have hacked a Wii & a PSP so far & they were child's play compared to all this lol.

It sure will. The two main reasons are to kill ads and tether/hotspot to me. although the Hotspot is slow I just need ocassional usage.

Upvote 0
I successfully installed the "One click installer found here http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/490927-one-click-process-installing-cwm.html."

I can successfully boot into Clockworkmod Recovery.

I then selected "apply update from sdcard"

Under "Chose a package to install:", I selected SuperUser.zip

I get...Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

am I doing something wrong? I had no problems rooting my warp before the update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE...Problem was solved. I manually installed Clockworkmod instead of using the One Click installer. Presto! I am now rooted

Upvote 0
I tried the one click method and it worked great. Im having the same SD card issues as everyone else though, Ive tried formatting it through CWM to no avail so I guess Ill try formatting it through my pc etc.

:eek:
I finally got it work!!!! On my 2gb card, I'd like to use my 8GB instead. what can I do besides trying the process all over again on the sd that wouldn't work the first time..
Thanks

Upvote 0
I am having some issues with this new upload ( ultimate warp drive). i had downloaded the previous version ( warp drive) and i had attempted to root but my pc was crap and had to get a new one and now i am having difficulties with this new root process. every time i select 1. Root + ClockworkMod + data patch or 4. Install ClockworkMod Recovery it does the same thing it just restarts my phone and it stays at the android symbol and doesnt do anything and tells me in the cmd prompt ( waiting for device).. what am i doing wrong cuz i am seriously getting frustrated. plz plz help cuz i have been waiting months to root this phone and keep running into problems in doing so.

Upvote 0
I am having some issues with this new upload ( ultimate warp drive). i had downloaded the previous version ( warp drive) and i had attempted to root but my pc was crap and had to get a new one and now i am having difficulties with this new root process. every time i select 1. Root + ClockworkMod + data patch or 4. Install ClockworkMod Recovery it does the same thing it just restarts my phone and it stays at the android symbol and doesnt do anything and tells me in the cmd prompt ( waiting for device).. what am i doing wrong cuz i am seriously getting frustrated. plz plz help cuz i have been waiting months to root this phone and keep running into problems in doing so.

Well when not boots to the android its in bootloader mode as for it not connected are the drivers up to date?

Upvote 0
I tried the one click method and it worked great. Im having the same SD card issues as everyone else though, Ive tried formatting it through CWM to no avail so I guess Ill try formatting it through my pc etc.

:eek:
I finally got it work!!!! On my 2gb card, I'd like to use my 8GB instead. what can I do besides trying the process all over again on the sd that wouldn't work the first time..
Thanks

Well you can now switch to your 8Gb card once root sticks it's in the system not your sd :D hope that helps

Upvote 0
all drivers are up to date, everything checks out for the programs needed and driver installations...

i did another drivers update and it is still doing the same thing. A i chose option one to root clockworkmod and it sends my phone to black screen and little android dude is the only thing on the screen.... i let it be for ten minutes and it has done nothing and the cmd tells me

First we install ClockworkMod Recovery.
Rebooting into bootloader...
*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully *

*server not running *
Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery...

<waiting for device>

^^^ this is ecaxtly what it is telling me every time

Upvote 0
i did another drivers update and it is still doing the same thing. A i chose option one to root clockworkmod and it sends my phone to black screen and little android dude is the only thing on the screen.... i let it be for ten minutes and it has done nothing and the cmd tells me

First we install ClockworkMod Recovery.
Rebooting into bootloader...
*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully *

*server not running *
Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery...

<waiting for device>

^^^ this is ecaxtly what it is telling me every time

Have you turned usb debugging on in the settings it may or may not make a difference i suggest you try :D hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
I have been trying for two days to root my cell ,, And I just dont know what I am doing wrong. I did the first root before the warp updated. and the root dont work so I was told u have to reroot ur cell.. Can you please help me ,,

Sorry miss jackson, ooooh!

Sorry...couldn't resist...

Which root method are you using? Look up under all things root the Ultimate Warp Drive...worked flawlessly for me.

Upvote 0
just wanted to say i installed drivers, one click method to flash clockwork mod and it worked perfectly the first time.. i also had help watching the video on how to do this that knoxville363 had on youtube. as long as you follow the instuctions it works perfect!!

I am following Knox's vid and when it comes to "sending recovery" it just sits there and on his vid it only took a second to go to the next step. My drivers seem to be ok otherwise I wouldn't have gotten this far !! Any ideas I want to get this done and this is killin me I had my zte rooted before the "update" and this is a royal pain ...compared to that one ....HELP !!

BTW Thank You to all the developers that have made rooting our phones and the possibilities thereafter so cool !!

thanks in advance ...Cyn :O)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones